DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Blog Entries

All Castles & Crusades add-ons are 60% off through Sunday, Feb 1st.

Troll Lord Games is also having this sale on their PDF's on RPGNow and DriveThruRPG. You can basically get the PDF + the FG version for less than you could have bought either item before the sale. There are some great buys there. The ruleset is only $4. Several adventures are under $2.

-Doug

Boom! A1-A7 purchased. I'll probably never run them, but it will allow me to check them over and see how closely damned followed them when I played in his C&C campaign years ago - perhaps see where we missed lots of loot!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    The wife is going to do nasty things to me (not in a giggity giggity way). I think I may have bought everything I didn't have yet.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Unfortunately I'm still tapped out from their recent KS... How ever I do have about 95% of their library as PDFs. If I ever figure out how to transfer the Pdfs I currently have into FG I'll be set for quite some time... Hopefully I will be able to figure this program out and start running games at some point....

Blog Entries
    Mr jhall6766 - if you want some help look me up and I can answer some questions or give you a quick demo.

Please check these nice and short (and amateurish) videos using the C&C ruleset.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...r6UcaaLvD7YlJd
    Each one is 2-7mins long and covers one topic only.

Also if you want to watch something longer (and just as amateur hour) check out the hangout recordings from FG Con 6. These go for 1hr20mins to about 1hr35mins.
    https://www.fg-con.com/latest-news/f...ut-recordings/

I bought fantasy grounds and the castles&crusades ruleset together so I could play some old school D&D for the first time in nearly 25years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jhall6766 View Post
    Unfortunately I'm still tapped out from their recent KS... How ever I do have about 95% of their library as PDFs. If I ever figure out how to transfer the Pdfs I currently have into FG I'll be set for quite some time... Hopefully I will be able to figure this program out and start running games at some point....
    jhall,

It's probably worth picking up one of the more recent adventures for $2.40 to use as a reference. That will show you a basic outline for what a fully integrated module looks like and you can compare it with the PDF version you have. A8 would be a good one.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...id=TLG80208FG2

The Accessory books are typically much more time consuming to get into FG and normally end up requiring a fair amount of XML work outside of FG. The Castle Keepers' guide, for instance, has all the random tables provided from the book. You can do all of those tables directly within FG, but it took me a while to do IIRC. When you add in all the other reference material, you'd be looking at a serious time investment to recreate it all within FG. The good news is that you don't need to have it fully entered into FG if you have the PDF. It sure is nice though.

Thank you to both Damned and ddavison....
    @ Damned I've watched the videos and am still having a difficult time. However that is not to say that they are not helpful... I just have a difficult time understanding computers.. I guess Im very computer Illiterate...
    @ ddavison I have purchased several of the FG adventure mods for C & C .. They seem a little off but I'll have to take my time with it and open both my PDFs as well as the Fg mods and see what if anything seems to be different.. But once I figure it all out I will probably upgrade to Ultimate license and start running 1 or 2 games a week...However I think I will check out a more recent release...
    Last edited by jhall6766; January 31st, 2015 at 20:07.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jhall6766 View Post
    Thank you to both Damned and ddavison....
    @ Damned I've watched the videos and am still having a difficult time. However that is not to say that they are not helpful... I just have a difficult time understanding computers.. I guess Im very computer Illiterate...
    @ ddavison I have purchased several of the FG adventure mods for C & C .. They seem a little off but I'll have to take my time with it and open both my PDFs as well as the Fg mods and see what if anything seems to be different.. But once I figure it all out I will probably upgrade to Ultimate license and start running 1 or 2 games a week...However I think I will check out a more recent release...
    @jhall6766 - make contact with me and I will try and organise a short one on one session with you and we can get you past a couple of hurdles and get you on your way.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

@Damned I will definitely be in touch .. I looked over the videos again and actually was able to focus on them this time... So some of it actually helped out... Just a couple of ?? First since I like to run a combination of published as well as my own homebrew...How do I import an original map into FG ?? Secondly are the Mods purchased from the Fg store ready to go , How much prep is needed on my end in order to run them ?? It seems like they are ready to run straight from purchase..

Thread Information