FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    My thinking on this was for something much shorter - hence a series of rounds where you face a single encounter each time. It was more about doing some different things at the next FG Con.
    Some virtual cons do speed miniature painting comps, have some guest Q&A panels from publishers and designers.
    We introduced a couple of Hangout Intro sessions at FG Con 5.
    Im open to other ideas too.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    My thinking on this was for something much shorter - hence a series of rounds where you face a single encounter each time. It was more about doing some different things at the next FG Con.
    Some virtual cons do speed miniature painting comps, have some guest Q&A panels from publishers and designers.
    We introduced a couple of Hangout Intro sessions at FG Con 5.
    Im open to other ideas too.
    Sort of like a Gladiator style combat? Trial of the Champions comes to mind but that is Advanced Fighting Fantasy. Yet another rules minimal (beyond rules lite) system I enjoy every now and again. In that game, 20 contestants are pitted against each other to reach a final total of 5 IIRC, who then enter the "dungeon" that basically is fighting one encounter after another. They converted its predecessor Deathtrap Dungeon to 3.5e, so it's fully multi player (nut then again, so is AFF).

If you use your contact net, there is no reason why you couldn't ask have a representative from contributors, discuss, say, "tabletop gaming in the age of the internet." A lot of indie publishers and even some big publishers wouldn't mind discussing and answering fan questions. With the Teamspeak service, you could even have separate "rooms" where various "events" are scheduled. Ask about: especially to owners of companies already "in the know" of FG. I've done a fair number of interviews just by contacting the publicist of a company and asking about possibly having one (and have succeeded more often than not). Obviously you might not get the bigwigs, but gaming authors love media attention, and having a designer of scenarios discuss his trade, is just as good as Stephen Chenault discussing the origins of C&C. You'd probably want this to be booked in advance to mitigate questions, but it *is* doable.

Cheers,
    SF
    Last edited by S Ferguson; February 7th, 2015 at 23:30.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Thread Information