DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Demi Dice

Quote Originally Posted by pedetentous View Post
    How do I edit the extension file? I'm on a Mac Mini.
    Change the .ext file extension to .zip and unzip the files. If you do this to a directory within the \extensions folder you can edit the files directly and when you reload Fantasy Grounds (stop/start FG or type /reload in the chat window) it will load up your changes.

Some info on modifying the ruleset here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oreRPG-ruleset A lot of it is relevant to modifying an extensions (basically editing the .ext extension file rather than the .pak ruleset file).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you, damned and Trenloe, for all your help! I am so grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by pedetentous View Post
    I figured it out, thank you! How do I set it to use my own images on the die?
    The 3D dice can't be changed (other than the colour). All you can do is change the icon that appears in the result window.

custom_dice.xml has some dice <icon> resources commented out at the end of the file - the <icon> resource assigned to d000123.1 would be displayed when the roll was a one, d000123.2 when the roll was a 2, etc.. The <icon> resource points to a graphics file within the extension or the ruleset, but there aren't any in this extension. See the d6_icon.png file in the CoreRPG ruleset (graphics\icons directory) for an example of a blank dice icon that will be populated with the number result. You can take this as a basis for a custom dice result graphic.

EDIT: Some further info in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...15-Custom-Dice

Also, if you don't want the numerical result of the roll to be shown on the result icons you'll need to comment out the <font name="dieresult"> section of custom_dice.xml in the extension - this activates a blank font that effectively means no result digits will be displayed on the dice result icons in the chat window - this may or may not be what you want.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 22nd, 2015 at 03:49.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay, that's fine. I'll look through it, but the main thing is the functionality. Thank you for all the help. Now my brain doesn't have to fret over how to handle those dice!

Blog Entries
    that is much more complicated.
    firstly you cant actually change the 3d rolling dice
    you can change what gets displayed in the chat window - you would need to look at what Trenloe did in the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset - the Warhammer FRP ruleset probably does something similar.

ooops ninja'd - badly.

Doing custom dice result icons IS a lot more complicated - as you need to change the die type in the dice roll result table in the ActionsManager global script package. Also, you need to use a blank dieresult font, which means that rolling normal dice show blank. So, it begins to get complex as you then need custom die icons even for the standard dice. Lots or respect to Neil G. Foster who did all of this for the WFRP3 ruleset, which the Star Wards Edge of the Empire bases all of it's dice rolling on (thanks again Neil).

But, as a first step, I've thrown together another extension (below) that adds a custom dice d6001 (you have to use dXXXX numerical names for the customdie for the /die chat command to recognise them.

EDIT: Don't run this and the other example extension at the same point - this one's called "Custom Dice Icons".

The customdie d601 has been added based off the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire boost die. Here is the result of /die 5d601:

I'll put together a complete extension at some point that has the icons all set for the base dice - I want to ask Neil's permission to use all of his work first...
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 22nd, 2015 at 05:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'll put together a complete extension at some point that has the icons all set for the base dice - I want to ask Neil's permission to use all of his work first...
    I usually try to avoid necroposting, but I'm fairly new to the community and am tackling what appears to be an age old problem of wanting to do custom dice icons. I was able to use what you posted above to get me most of the way there - but as you've noted, it's at the cost of all the base dice icons now being "blanks."

Before I go to the effort of creating new icons for the base dice, did you ever get a chance to put together a complete extension that has icons for all of the base dice already? In my particular case I really only need a d20 -- but having the others readily available would probably be A Good Idea[tm].

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mcortez View Post
    Before I go to the effort of creating new icons for the base dice, did you ever get a chance to put together a complete extension that has icons for all of the base dice already? In my particular case I really only need a d20 -- but having the others readily available would probably be A Good Idea[tm].
    Welcome to the FG forums!

I never did put one together, other priorities and all that. You can get the icons from the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset, available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iny-v2-ruleset

Now... if you don't mind maybe putting an extension together? That would be a very good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Now... if you don't mind maybe putting an extension together? That would be a very good idea!
    Well, seeing as you've done all the hard work - I think I can at least try to go the last step and bundle it all together. Any particular attributions or licensing terms other then the OGL already included in your Star Wars Ruleset?

Well, seeing as you've done all the hard work - I think I can at least try to go the last step and bundle it all together.
    That would be great!

Any particular attributions or licensing terms other then the OGL already included in your Star Wars Ruleset?
    As they're graphics and pretty much stand alone, there's no need for the OGL/License stuff from the SW ruleset. Just please mention Neil G. Foster - as he put the graphics together originally.

Thread Information