DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Wow these tanks are sweet
    Thank you very much, I am glad to hear you're enjoying them.
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

Hello. I purchased the Modern Furniture Tokens on the Forge but unfortunately, they are not showing up in my assets. I reached out to customer service for the forge and they gave me some direction that didnt work. I download some other things from the forge with no issue. Since updating fantasy grounds and reenabling the product from the forge did not work they recommended I reach out to you. Is there any way you can help me with this? They asked me to check the vault and it does appear in the vault.
    Last edited by gwd005; November 4th, 2022 at 22:08.

Quote Originally Posted by gwd005 View Post
    Hello. I purchased the Modern Furniture Tokens on the Forge but unfortunately, they are not showing up in my assets. I reached out to customer service for the forge and they gave me some direction that didnt work. I download some other things from the forge with no issue. Since updating fantasy grounds and reenabling the product from the forge did not work they recommended I reach out to you. Is there any way you can help me with this? They asked me to check the vault and it does appear in the vault.
    Hello GWD005, I'm sorry to hear the tokens are not showing up for you.

Do you have other token packs from me? Are they showing up fine?

When you reached out to Fantasy Grounds Forge customer service, what solution did they give you?

Curious that Fantasy Grounds Forge customer service has not contacted me at all to let me know there is an issue with one of my own products...

Maybe since the last update, the Dev's may have changed how Fantasy Grounds handles tokens?? But I don't remember any info about such. I'll do some checking on my end to see if anything has changed.

If anyone else is having problems, please let me know.

The bug has been found and I am sending in the exterminators to burn it out. Will take a day or so to push through updates to the token packs, and then it should be fixed and ready for this weekend's gaming.

I have just uploaded a new pack of Halfling character tokens to the Fantasy Grounds Forge!

Andy the Halfling (45 tokens)
    Charles the Halfling (33 tokens)
    Christopher the Halfling (42 tokens)
    Clarence the Halfling (47 tokens)
    Craig the Halfling (45 tokens)
    Garrett the Halfling (46 tokens)
    Halfdann the Halfling (43 tokens)
    Halfling Barbarian (38 tokens)
    James the Halfling (33 tokens)
    Lonnie the Halfling (43 tokens)
    Meredith the Halfling Wizard (46 tokens)
    Newton the Halfling (45 tokens)
    Nicholas the Halfling (34 tokens)
    Last edited by Tailz Silver Paws; March 6th, 2023 at 10:32. Reason: Fixed image

Hello everyone! I am back with another new pack of Tokens. This pack includes dwarf-themed character token sets!

This package of virtual tabletop tokens, contains the following character token sets:

Burin the Mighty (57 tokens)
    Dwarf Miner (41 tokens)
    Dwarf Warrior (79 tokens)
    Dwarven Blacksmith (72 tokens)
    Dwarven Knight (72 tokens)
    Dwarven Magistrate (98 tokens)
    Fazelbrot the Dwarf (47 tokens)
    Grunnison Sword Master (55 tokens)
    Haziel-Karz the Dwarf (57 tokens)
    Karkonen the Dwarf (49 tokens)
    Thorbreen the Dwarf (49 tokens)
    Thorgrimminar the Dwarf (54 tokens)

NEWS UPDATE

I've had a good bit of feedback about the various Props and Objects token packs I have for Fantasy Grounds. With the way Fantasy Grounds handles tokens, it makes the props and objects pretty unworkable. So I am going to convert all the packs to include both token versions and image versions.

Unfortunately, this is not going to work for packs that will have a module size of 100MB or larger, as that is the hard file size limit on module files in the Fantasy Grounds Forge. So in those modules, there will only be the image version, not the token version. I hope this change will not cause anyone any problems, and it should be for the best in the long run for map building as that is the main focus for the props and objects token packs.

This change will affect the following packs:
    - Fantasy Furniture I (includes tokens and images)
    - Fantasy Furniture II (includes tokens and images)
    - Fantasy Furniture III (image version only)
    - Modern Day Props & Object Tokens
    - Modern Furniture Tokens
    - Sci-fi Props & Gadgets
    - Sci-fi Props & Objects II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailz Silver Paws View Post
    NEWS UPDATE

I've had a good bit of feedback about the various Props and Objects token packs I have for Fantasy Grounds. With the way Fantasy Grounds handles tokens, it makes the props and objects pretty unworkable. So I am going to convert all the packs to include both token versions and image versions.

Unfortunately, this is not going to work for packs that will have a module size of 100MB or larger, as that is the hard file size limit on module files in the Fantasy Grounds Forge. So in those modules, there will only be the image version, not the token version. I hope this change will not cause anyone any problems, and it should be for the best in the long run for map building as that is the main focus for the props and objects token packs.

This change will affect the following packs:
    - Fantasy Furniture I (includes tokens and images)
    - Fantasy Furniture II (includes tokens and images)
    - Fantasy Furniture III (image version only)
    - Modern Day Props & Object Tokens
    - Modern Furniture Tokens
    - Sci-fi Props & Gadgets
    - Sci-fi Props & Objects II
    Have you considered using Webp for any new assets? Webp is considerably smaller than PNG, particularly if you allow some lossy compression. (For any existing modules, you need to leave the asset file type intact to prevent breaking the module where it is already in use.) I have found that Webp with lossy compression set at high (75%) results in good quality images at about 10% the size of the same image as a PNG with transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Have you considered using Webp for any new assets? Webp is considerably smaller than PNG, particularly if you allow some lossy compression. (For any existing modules, you need to leave the asset file type intact to prevent breaking the module where it is already in use.) I have found that Webp with lossy compression set at high (75%) results in good quality images at about 10% the size of the same image as a PNG with transparency.
    The issue is not the new packs, which I am using webp format in, the issue is the older packs.

For packs that have a small enough file size, I am leaving the tokens "as is" so as not to break any already in use cases and adding in a copy for image assets. This has already been done with Fantasy Furniture 1 and 2.
    Fantasy Furniture 3 has been converted to images from tokens, but the file size of the pack means it can't have tokens and images.

I know this could cause problems - with switching assets from token to image and breaking links - but the current situation means the assets are unusable for their intended role. Plus this is a change that has been requested by Players, who have reported the terrible useability of these assets as tokens instead of as image assets. This makes me wonder if the assets are being used much, if at all, because of this functionality of how FG works with tokens now.

Any new packs are using WEBP image files now that Fantasy Grounds has adopted the use of the WEBP and WEBM format, but folks want the existing packs changed. This is understandable, they have assets that don't quite work right given the evolution of the Fantasy Grounds App and how it "handles" tokens.

As for updates to existing packs and breaking links, given the feedback, I feel it important to update the material so it is more user-friendly given the changing environment of the Fantasy Grounds App as it has evolved over the years. Sadly there is currently no way for me to warn users about updates other than posting here and in my own social media streams.
    Last edited by Tailz Silver Paws; June 27th, 2023 at 13:00. Reason: Adding context.

I have just updated the Modern Day Props and Objects token pack in the Fantasy Grounds Forge, this pack was not actually on sale before because it's module size was over 100MB. But I have converted all pf the PNG files to WEBP. So now the pack has both Tokens and Images and its now available via the Fantasy Grounds Forge!

Thread Information