DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    All I'm saying is that when the zombie apocalypse happens, I'm bringing the monk.

Derails aside, I am curious if Jerry found a way to get multiple standard actions. I know some spellcasters that would love that.
    My question related to a melee person going into total defense not for spellcasters ....but maybe you can find an option below to help them. Just looking for clarification on those that have more than 1 standard action in a round by whatever means they attain it.

Examples:

Slow Time (Su)

At 12th level, a monk of the four winds can use his ki to slow time or quicken his movements, depending on the observer. As a swift action, the monk can expend 6 ki points to gain three standard actions during his turn instead of just one. The monk can use these actions to do the following: take a melee attack action, use a skill, use an extraordinary ability, or take a move action. The monk cannot use these actions to cast spells or use spell-like abilities, and cannot combine them to take full-attack actions. Any move actions the monk makes this turn do not provoke attacks of opportunity.

-or-

Inspire Action (Su)

As a special use of bardic music, a 6th-level Pathfinder chronicler can exhort any one ally within hearing to a sudden surge of action, allowing her ally to immediately take an extra move action. This does not count against the ally's number of actions on his own turn.

At 9th level, she can enable an ally to immediately take a standard action instead.

*add lingering performance and it goes for 3 rounds.

-or-

Extra Action: You can spend a hero point on your turn to gain an additional standard or move action this turn.

so far these are the ones I have found without looking to deeply.
    Last edited by JerryRig; January 15th, 2015 at 03:24.

Ultimate License Owner
    Member: THAC0 group

Slow Time/Time Stop have always simulated a person taking multiple turns before anyone can react, so no surprise there. I figured there were a few ways to spend resources for a free action. They all seem to block spellcasting though (for good reason).
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Hero Points optional rule grants extra standard actions as well.

Jerry mentioned that. I haven't looked at the Hero Point system yet and am curious if it is like the old action point system that regenerated every day/combat or if the point are more rare requiring something special to be awarded. The old action point system only allowed a reroll per point so these seem much more powerful.

They are rare, one regenerates per module or when the hero does something heroic that the dm feels they should be rewarded for.

Ah, I see. They are the same as a point system I use, though it's not called Hero Points because HP is too confusing of an abbreviation. Thanks for the info.

Hero points are an optional rule in the Advanced Players Guide: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...ml#hero-points
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information