DICE PACKS BUNDLE

MacBook Troubles

Hello, I have a MacBook Pro and installed Steam on it so I can use the Fantasy Grounds, but am having the following problems:
    * Place the Fantasy Grounds in full screen (1280x800)
    * Copy text files on my desktop and paste the Fantasy Grounds

In my operating system version is Snow Leopard

Blog Entries
    you will need to check the Enable Cross platform compatability mode for Linux and Mac in settings.
    you should also see the rather lengthy thread from Trueshots here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Pretty-Please and also https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...unds-(Mac-osx)
    You will need to use different key combos when inside the WINE wrapper (Fantasy Grounds) as it should use Windows combos not Mac ones and you will probably need to use paperclip too.

Is FG updated to accept Big Sur. I have not updated my computer in six months...it is killing me. Need help. Pl

Quote Originally Posted by MICJTRP View Post
    Is FG updated to accept Big Sur. I have not updated my computer in six months...it is killing me. Need help. Pl

For anything Catalina (10.15 and up), you'll need to use FGU instead.

Apple has removed all of the 32-bit APIs from Catalina (and up), so FGC will no longer function (I have heard rumors of ways to do it, but not being a macOS person, I cannot speak to those).

FGU is a 64-bit app, so works on Catalina (and up).

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    For anything Catalina (10.15 and up), you'll need to use FGU instead.

Apple has removed all of the 32-bit APIs from Catalina (and up), so FGC will no longer function (I have heard rumors of ways to do it, but not being a macOS person, I cannot speak to those).

FGU is a 64-bit app, so works on Catalina (and up).

Well that is BS. Thank you for the information.

Apple does like to do this unfortunately.

There was no technical reason for them to discontinue the 32-bit APIs, Windows and Linux on Intel CPUs still support 32-bit code without any issues.

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately it is purely an Apple decision that FG could not do anything about (except continue with FGU).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

so fg classic is pretty much hosed on mac with catalina or later.

as far as i know, neither fg nor apple will go backward in development, nor maintain upkeep for backward compatibility.
    for better or worse, technology (by definition) only advances, regardless whether you think "that is bs" or not :-/

that said, if you are set on wanting to use classic for as long as possible (which i do),
    i currently have a solid solution that i have been on for years and it has been quite smooth.

however, it requires owning additional software: a windows license as well as parallel app
    (or similar virtual setup, but i can only vouch for this combo as it has been reliable for me).
    both of which might not be feasible in everyone's budget.
    (...if you've been thinking what to do with your stimulus check? X-D)

it can be a bit challenging to set this up, but you can learn how with a little how-to research.

(warning: if you have never done dual-boot (bootcamp) and setting up virtual pc, you may lose data if not done properly.
    also caveat: port forwarding and all that stuff will be a bit of headache if you aren't familiar.
    dm me if you go down this rabbit hole; i can offer assistance directly so you can bypass scouring here for set up details.)

but once set up, you will have your mac environment intact, at whatever mac os version you're on.
    running fg classic in the windows virtual space and sharing data between operating system will be seamless.

best of luck. and game on!
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

You can also install Linux on a Mac and run in there also can't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    You can also install Linux on a Mac and run in there also can't you?
    if you were addressing me with question, i had mentioned: "or similar virtual setup, but i can only vouch for this combo as it has been reliable for me" :-)
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Thread Information