DICE PACKS BUNDLE

View Poll Results: Which Sub-Tier for this Saturday? 5-6 (normal) or 8-9 (scaled for 4)?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sub-Tier 5-6 (normal)

6 66.67%
  • Sub-Tier 8-9 (scaled for 4)

3 33.33%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last

PFS 4-16: The Fabric of Reality

I have decided to run my first PFS scenario!

PFS 4-16: The Fabric of Reality
    A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 5th- to 9th-level characters (Tier 5–9; Subtiers 5–6 and 8–9).

For the past year, the Pathfinder Society has used the isolated demiplane contained in the Hao Jin Tapestry as a private adventuring realm and, since discovering a backdoor out of the demiplane, as a shortcut from the tapestry's location to a hidden corner of Varisia. But the tapestry wasn't designed for this purpose, and travel from Absalom to Varisia could be more efficient. Now a team of Pathfinders must discover how the infamous sorcerer known as the Ruby Phoenix created her private demiplane and enter the heart of the tapestry and alter the very nature of the magical realm.

Written by Tom Phillips

Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=1319

Please apply on the calendar and leave a note in the thread.

Post or send me your latest:
    xml
    chronicle
    tracking info
    PFS ID
    Faction

...and indicate whether you have played or GM'd the scenario before. All players welcome. If there are enough to run it twice, great. I think I will probably be running the scenario at sub-tier 5-6. It is an interesting and novel one, as you can see from the description!

The time is provisional, but will hopefully work. If there's a better time that works for everyone, I'm open to changing it. I have added Friday & Sunday at the same time. If you're interested, sign up and vote for times that work.

NOTE: I have a full license (not Ultimate), which means that you must own a copy of Fantasy Grounds in order to play.

If any GM's want to sign up, that would be very helpful on my first run and I am very open to real-time gaming input. Thanks!

ps. While this is my first PFS scenario as a GM, I have done a fair amount of 3.5 GMing and some PFS playing (2 characters so far). I expect this game to be a new experience.
    Last edited by HoloGnome; March 4th, 2015 at 06:01.

Good to see you jumping in Holognome.

Love to play, if a session opens up at the right time I'll be there (Unfortuantly this one currently isn't).
    Server License: Ultimate. Anyone can play for free.
    Server Address: Cold Thief Bold Luck

OK - well...the time is flexible. I'm open to figuring out a compatible time. I have added the surrounding Friday and Sunday as alternate times.
    Last edited by HoloGnome; December 31st, 2014 at 04:59.

Time is great, I hope enough join.

Sorry, just checked, my highest character is Lvl 4.
    I'll play a pregen though for fun.
    Last edited by Farnaby; December 31st, 2014 at 05:43.

I'm in, I'll play Lia my backing stabbing ninja. With Lia and Julius Flashbolt around, they won't have a clue what hit them!!!

Yep im in, hoping to play Julius (my halfling arcane trickster) as he has played several of the tapestry adventures already...

I guess we'll have to see how the APL works out for the sub-tier choice. It looks like with 5 players, the APL will be in the low 6's, or with 6 players, it will be mid-tier with the extra +1 for 6 or more, so you could choose up or down. However, I have already converted a lot of the scenario and playing up might not be a good idea. It really depends.
    Last edited by HoloGnome; December 31st, 2014 at 06:18.

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    ... with the extra +1 for 6 or more, so you could choose up or down.
    The +1 for 6/7 PCs hasn't been valid since August 2013 and is no longer applicable for any season scenarios. Follow the subtier guidelines as detailed on page 32 of the PFS guide.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The +1 for 6/7 PCs hasn't been valid since August 2013 and is no longer applicable for any season scenarios. Follow the subtier guidelines as detailed on page 32 of the PFS guide.
    Ah, so it was a season 4 ruling. I had wondered as I heard people mention it, but I've only ever read the S5 and S6 books. Same with the choice part, as there is almost never a choice in what you are playing once you have your party assembled according to the S6 book.
    Server License: Ultimate. Anyone can play for free.
    Server Address: Cold Thief Bold Luck

Thread Information