5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

IFT conditional effect not working?

Has anyone managed to get the IFT conditional effects working in the 5E ruleset? I've tried 3.0.9 live and 3.0.10 test and I can't get either to work.

Example:
    1. Apply the "charmed" condition to an NPC.
    2. Add the following effect to a PC: IFT: charmed; ADVATK
    3. Have the PC target the NPC and roll an attack

But the attack doesn't have advantage. This works for similar effects in the 3.5E ruleset and the code looks similar in 5E (without spending too much time diving into it). "charmed" is a valid condition.

Note: the above is just an example of using IFT, I'm not asking for ways to add ADVATK to charmed creatures - I'm just asking if anyone has managed to get the IFT conditional targeting working.

Anyone have any success?

Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You are right, this doesn't seem to be working. I've tried it out with various conditions but without success.

It appears to be working for more traditional effects after the IF/IFT command - e.g. ATK and DMG work OK with conditional effects. I think it is just the 5E specific advantage and disadvantage effects.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It appears to be working for more traditional effects after the IF/IFT command - e.g. ATK and DMG work OK with conditional effects. I think it is just the 5E specific advantage and disadvantage effects.
    Confirmed; they work with all the other conditions but with none of the advantage and disadvantage ones.

Trenloe: Did you report this as a possible bug? Just checking before I do so since there's not much point in all of us starting a thread on the matter.

Yeah, I reported it in the House of Healing forum.

Thread Information