5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    So what xml editor would you all recommend using ? preferably free....for modifying the alignment extension >?

Quote Originally Posted by Draca View Post
    So what xml editor would you all recommend using ? preferably free....for modifying the alignment extension >?
    Notepad++ - https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Activate the "XML Tools" plugin from the Plugin Manager (Plugins menu).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Here is what i have so far....Attachment 8418Attachment 8419Attachment 8420Attachment 8421

I'm still unclear on how to repackage the folder back into an ext.

I tried adding the 2 files to compress, and the right clicking the zip file and re-naming , but i don't think that is the right way .. =)
    Last edited by Draca; December 25th, 2014 at 15:28.

Select the file and the directory shown in your third screenshot, right-click and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder. Then rename the .zip file to .ext and copy to your <FG app data>\extensions directory. Restart FG and you should be able to select the extension with the <name> in the extensions.xml file (in this case, based off screenshot #2, it would be "Alignment and Spell conditions").

If you don't rename the extension, make sure you don't have the old alignment and spell conditions extension in the extensions directory as you won't know which one you're activating.

Note: You can have the files in a directory within the <FG app data>\extensions directory with the extension files within that directory - FG will read a directory in the \extensions folder in preference to an extension file (.ext) of the same name. This is very handy for development and testing - you don't have to keep packaging up an extension after each change. But, remember to delete your test directory from the \extensions directory once you've finished development and testing otherwise FG won't load the .ext file as the directory will take precedence.
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 25th, 2014 at 18:28.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@Xorn: On the third party targeting, the key is target then Shift-Drag and Drop the effect on the target(s).

@Draco: Depending on how you write the effect you might target on creature and shift drag and drop the effect to the other one. Try it both ways. You will know you did the targeting and shift drag and dropping right if a target name appears on the tracker inside the brackets, IE [Orc 03]

ok so i selected the folder containing the 2 files from above and right clicked and send to compressed folder , renamed to Alignment and Spell Conditions.ext
    and it looks like this afterwords.
    Attachment 8433
    Im guessing it should look like the rest of my extension files but it still looks like a zip folder =)
    *Shrugs*

Disable "Hide extensions for known file types" in Windows file explorer - your file will have .zip on the end but Windows is hiding it by default. If you're using Windows 8, open file explorer (Windows Key + e) , go to the "View" menu tab at the top and put a tick/check in the "File name extensions" entry in the Show/Hide section - this should then show the .zip on the end of your file and you can remove that leaving .ext.

Got the ext file looking correctly , but the extension doesnt show up on the list.

And Trenloe, thanks for your patience and knowlege.... you rock!

Scratch that.... i re zipped the folder , forgot i moved back a step last time trying to get it renamed.

Testing it now !

Applied effect to target vow-of-emnity
    Applied effect to self IFT: vow-of-emnity; ADVATK

nothing happened.

im getting close tho ! LOL

Thread Information