FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Draca View Post
    Applied effect to target vow-of-emnity
    Applied effect to self IFT: vow-of-emnity; ADVATK

nothing happened.
    Did you target the creature with the vow-of-emnity condition and then roll and attack against them?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Heres a shot where i used the neutral tag for a testAttachment 8436

I've just done a test in the 5E ruleset and it looks like conditional targeting isn't working, even without the extension and with standard conditions - for example, charmed. In the 3.5E ruleset it works fine. I'm trying this in 3.0.9 live.
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 26th, 2014 at 05:35.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well it looks like i broke the ruleset =)

Let me know what you find Trenloe.

And thanks again!

I've asked to see if anyone has got conditional effects working here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ct-not-working

I'll see what the feedback is before I log it as a bug with the devs.

Im going to look through all the spells and class abilities and start compiling an if/then list of all of the conditions that would be needed to be added in order to cover everything in the books that would apply to this extension.

I think also that every condition added should mayby be in multiples of 3 or 4 with a number tag on each duplicate.

So that in the case of a paladin with hunters mark and a ranger with it as well or another class carrying the same spell effect, they would be able to be assigned a number to their spells and noone would overlap the same condition and recieve a bonus that they normally would not get.

Any thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I've just done a test in the 5E ruleset and it looks like conditional targeting isn't working, even without the extension and with standard conditions - for example, charmed. In the 3.5E ruleset it works fine. I'm trying this in 3.0.9 live.
    Looks like you are correct Trenloe. I've tried this with charmed and also with several of the conditions in the Alignment Conditions extension. Nothing works with IF or IFT. I've been trying to add 'true strike' and 'protection from evil' to the conditions extension and couldn't get it to work; but I assumed that I was simply doing something wrong. Since IT and IFT don't seem to work with something which isn't in the extension then it would seem that neither are responding correctly. I'm using 3.0.10 test but that shouldn't really make any difference.

No longer needed in FG v3.1.2+ Use the custom(condition-name) effect functionality built into the 5E ruleset.

Updated on 6/4/2015 to work with the latest FGII 3.1.0 ruleset update and tested in game Enjoy!
    Also added a logo and updated the startup message.

Here is a list of all the conditions in this extension.
    I skimmed through the classes and spells and tried to add one for any one of the abilities or spells that may be useful for.
    Also added Monster types and size conditions. And 6 custom conditions for on the fly flexibility.
    If you have an idea or need of a new tag please feel free to contact me and i can add the condition tag.

Link to Optional Conditions.ext on Dropbox
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpnzm899bc...0V0.2.ext?dl=0

chaotic-evil
    lawful-evil
    neutral-evil
    chaotic-good
    lawful-good
    neutral-good
    neutral
    true-neutral
    lawful-neutral
    chaotic-neutral
    evil
    good
    aberration
    animal
    beast
    celestial
    construct
    demon
    devil
    dragon
    elemental
    fiend
    fey
    giant
    goblinoid
    humanoid
    monstrosity
    shapechanger
    ooze
    plant
    undead
    yugoloth
    tiny
    small
    medium
    large
    huge
    gargantuan
    bestow-curse
    chill-touch
    colossus-slayer
    dispel-evil
    dispel-good
    favored-enemy
    friends
    guiding-bolt
    hex
    hunters-mark
    protection-from-good
    protection-from-evil
    true-strike
    versatile-trickster
    vow-of-emnity
    heavy-armor-master
    custom-1
    custom-2
    custom-3
    custom-4
    custom-5
    custom-6
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 20th, 2015 at 22:30.

Good work, Draca.

However, I'm wondering if there is any need for an extension. Now that the IF and IFT has been fixed for 5e i've been playing around with some effects that grant advantage and other stuff that stem from spells and abilities and the like. In all cases to set up something like this the target creature must have the effect placed on it and the aggressor must have an effect which tests whether the condition is on the creature using the IFT statement. There are two ways (at least) to get the effect on the creature; either an effect is created by the DM in the effects panel and drag/dropped onto the creature; or the player creates the effect in his actions tab and he does the drag/dropping. The latter is in my view the cleanest way of doing this otherwise the DM will eventually have a list of effects a mile long.
    My point is that adding this effect to the creature can be done without the need for any extension. In fact I'm not sure that I can see how having the effect in an extension would in any way help. Whatever way you set it up the creature must have the effect actually on it. If you simply have the testing condition on the player then there is nothing against which it can be tested. This is true of all the 'built in' effects such as 'prone' etc. The only difference with the built in effects is that FG recognises what should be done when a prone creature is targeted. Adding, say, vow-of-enmity to an extension won't mean that FG will know what to do with it.
    So I think, Draca, having all those key words in an extension isn't going to do anything for you; unless, of course, I'm missing something at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    So I think, Draca, having all those key words in an extension isn't going to do anything for you; unless, of course, I'm missing something at this time.
    The key thing being overlooked is that FG will only recognise pre-defined conditions - you can't just put any old condition/label as a condition in the combat tracker and then use that label with IF or IFT. That is where this extension comes in, all it does is make the list of conditions listed above valid conditions so that they can be used with conditional targeting. You still need to apply those conditions and use them in conditional targeting yourself.

Now, a separate issue, the link provided by Draca in post #28 above links to a Monster Manual.mod, not an extension...

Thread Information