5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Lay on Hands Healing effect

I looked all over for a easy solution for the Paladins Lay on Hands healing ability.

Couldn't find anything , so ill put on here what i am using for it.

Create a blank healing effect for the lay on Hands as an action.
    Mouse wheel the modifier to the amount of healing you want to expend from the healing pool.
    Drop said effect on your target.

I'm curious to know what the rest of you are doing to accomplish this?

I have just set up a power on the paladin's Actions sheet that heals 5 hit points and can be used (level) times Daily. I then drag the heal symbol onto character icons or onto the Combat Tracker. I could also set up heals for 10, 15, 20 hit points etc. but 5 at a time works OK.

You're going the right way - you need to use a healing action as part of a power.

Effects don't work on their own - they modify certain action results. The HEAL effect will modify a heal action, not create the base action that actually does healing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I do the same thing, Draca. I created a 0 point heal power, and then I just enter the amount I want to heal in the modifier stack before dropping it on someone. I don't have a solid way to track the remaining though--I just use a Note.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Yep the 5 point effect makes for a good way to track usage and cure disease and poison ect,

But a lot of times a 1 point Lay on hands does the trick for a fallen comrade.

I just read this because I was curious about this as I started playing a Paladin. As an in game tracking system since it replenishes after a long rest you can set it as daily and then type the total hit points you have in the number block. The only draw back is that if you use it for more than one hit point it spams the chat window each time you check off a use.

Do it as 1 hp healing power, just drag it many time across, not really that hard, and keep track as a daily quantity - ie preperation 20 times daily like ammo, tick of as many as you use
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    UK Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder
    Discord: Mavrik6666#9572

Thread Information