FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... Last

5E Effects examples

I'm not sure if this would help, but I have set up a (blank) Google Doc for people to add their effects codes. The last column is for confirmed tests. Once a code has been confirmed perhaps it could be transferred to the official wiki? I, for one, would find an effect repository very useful.

Google Doc (anyone can edit)

Great Idea and some good entrys.

Thanks to all

What's the process one would go through to expand this? I'm going to be writing a lot of these over the next few weeks, and I wouldn't mind sharing.

Blog Entries
    nytemare3701 dont go editing other peoples work. Add you own. If you have an improved version of an existing effect add it underneath the current one with a Note explaining how/why.

But - go for it! The more people applying their brains and imagination to this the better it will be.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Blog Entries
    Very interesting... we'll be expanding the list quickly with this.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thanks this will help me as well.

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    nytemare3701 dont go editing other peoples work. Add you own. If you have an improved version of an existing effect add it underneath the current one with a Note explaining how/why.

But - go for it! The more people applying their brains and imagination to this the better it will be.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    Never said I was editing someone else's work. I was talking about listing more of the class effects as I figure them out for listing in the official wiki.

Blog Entries
    nytemare3701 didnt suggest you were you asked the process, i responded. get in there and go for it

Okay, so I've never done any of this in FG, but there is always a first time.

I have a Paladin with Heavy Armor Mastery which means that when taking non-magical slashing, bludgeoning, or piercing damage he takes 3 less points. So would using the following effect do the trick:

DMG:3, melee, ranged;RESIST:bludgeoning,slashing,piercing;[SELF]
    Though I don't see how you would differentiate between magical and non-magical....

All you need for this is the damage reduction part (you can't set up the whole thing). For the damage reduction you would need an effect of DMG: -3 on the NPC who is dealing the damage. You can set up that effect on the Paladin's action tab and once he is hit you would drag the effect onto the NPC before the damage was rolled.

Resistance is a different thing altogether; it reduces damage by half against certain damage types. That's not what the Heavy Armour Mastery does. Just FYI to set up a resistance to non magical weapons you would use this - RESIST: bludgeoning,slashing,piercing,!magic

Thread Information