STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
    For me the more elegant solution is write the source code and hand it off to the compiler. Tweaking the output adds another step to the work-flow, I understand that Par5e is dead from your perspective but for some of us it's the goto tool and we're trying to limp along as best we can.

You speak of other tools, other than editing the xml file, can you point me in their direction?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGrim View Post
    For me the more elegant solution is write the source code and hand it off to the compiler. Tweaking the output adds another step to the work-flow, I understand that Par5e is dead from your perspective but for some of us it's the goto tool and we're trying to limp along as best we can.

You speak of other tools, other than editing the xml file, can you point me in their direction?
    kp9911 has built a very useful alternate tool
    Ikael has built a tool for creating reference manuals (it is Savage Worlds based but a 1 min edit will make the file work in other rulests
    All equipment and NPCs etc etc can all be done within FG

And no par5e isnt dead from my perspective - I still create stuff in it but I have to accept its limitations and make additional modifications to it afterwards.
    Im working in CoreRPG stuff as well so many more manual edits to make.

I guess I'm learning the limitations of Par5e, I've read through 200+ pages of web forum so I guess I'm not the only one struggling.
    Thanks so much for your time.

Blog Entries
    I guess I'm learning the limitations of Par5e, I've read through 200+ pages of web forum so I guess I'm not the only one struggling.
    Thanks so much for your time.
    So Par5e has always had the limitation of accepting only valid input - I know that sounds pretty stupid but the vast, vast majority of the par5e threads are issues with people putting data in with errors
    The more newer limitations are going to have more of an impact over time and they are to do with FGs constant evolution occasionally changing the format or structure of something
    If you work well with the par5e concept continue using it and setup a couple of find/replace pairs (maybe setup some macros) and it will still be good for some time

Gawd, I'm sorry Zacch. I can't get this to work. Is this one of the broken things with Par5e and I should give up or can you give me a real world code snippet that works?
    row;2;2;#zl:item:equipment:Mandrake Root;

is what I wrote and it opens an empty "New Item" when I click on it.
    You have too much information. The syntax is zl:item:Mandrake Root. The way you have it is that FG is looking for an item called equipment which obviously doesn't exist. Everything in the equipment list is an 'item'
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Sorry Zacch, I tried that one too. In fact by the time I posted I'd tried every combination I could think of.
    Near as I can tell Par5e isn't putting out what FG 3.2.x is expecting
    #zl:item:Mandrake Root
    generates
    <id-00001>
    <resultlink type="windowreference">
    <class>item</class>
    <recordname>item.mandrakeroot@Alchemy</recordname>
    </resultlink>
    <result type="string">Mandrake Root</result>
    </id-00001>
    but what actually works is if I change the xml file to
    <id-00001>
    <resultlink type="windowreference">
    <class>reference_equipment</class>
    <recordname>reference.equipmentdata.mandrakeroot@A lchemy</recordname>
    </resultlink>
    <result type="string">Mandrake Root</result>
    </id-00001>
    It looks like, as per damned's suggestions, I'll do the bulk of the work in Par5e and tweak the output with Notepad++.

But I do appreciate your help. Thanks so much.

Now does anyone know how to use ";" without Par5e thinking it's an EOL character?

Looking at the changelog the zlinks for tables were introduced a good while ago and are in the public version of par5e. It would seem however that FG has moved on and the output from par5e in this respect no longer functions.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Is it any wonder we have no hair? lol

It was mentioned back on page 1 of this thread but the link shields that get added into a Par5e imported table are a problem when using story templates: they can't be used for inline text as the format of the link requires a new line each time.

I had a table of names imported this way and using something like "The tavern is called [Tavern Name]" would return [Tavern Name] on its own line.

Is there a way to remove the links en masse rather than one at a time (right-click, delete) like I did? Or better yet, not have them when table data is imported?

I think I can add this functionality to my own parser, I seem to have forgotten that tables can contain links as well *smh*
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

Thread Information