FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Par5E and Tables

I am trying to figure out how to import wandering encounters to the rollable tables in FG. Is there a right way to parse a table to make it work? I have many tables that have over 100 entries so importing line by line via copy paste is painful to say the least.

How would I format the below example and would I put it in the tables.txt file?
    1d4 Weather
    1 Sunny and warm
    2 Raining and cold
    3 Foggy and muggy
    4 Cloudy and cool

##;Weather Tables (example)
    #!;Weather Table (example)
    Roll on the weather table to randomize weather (example)
    dice;d4
    column;Weather
    row;1;1;Sunny and warm
    row;2;2;Raining and cold
    row;3;3;Foggy and muggy
    row;4;4;Cloudy and cool

Oneside,

Thanks for the reply! I have pasted your example into my tables.txt but still no love. I get a warning on Parse: table ... Weather Table
    Is there a header or something needed in the tables.txt file?

The only contents of my tables.txt file is:

##;Weather Tables
    #!;Weather Table
    Roll on the weather table to randomize weather
    dice;d4
    column;Weather
    row;1;1;Sunny and warm
    row;2;2;Raining and cold
    row;3;3;Foggy and muggy
    row;4;4;Cloudy and cool
    Last edited by geewaagh; December 5th, 2014 at 16:26.

Nope, that should be it. That is exactly the formating I used on my wild magic table and it works like a charm. You can set a category with #@; but if you don't it just puts it in there without one. I will be home in a few hours and I can help you troubleshoot.

Just tested it. Yes, you get an error if you leave off the category "#@;" but it still parses fine with no category.

OneSided
    Added the #@ category fixed my issue with this table and stopped the module from sometimes not writing! Thanks for your help!

At the expense of once again resurrecting a near dead thread. Why do my tables have little shields next to them and how do I get rid of that?

Do you mean at the start of each row?

Someone else pointed this out and I hadn't noticed this before. It may be due to changes in the FG client, but I don't know for sure. I don't think there's a solution.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, it just contains the information in the cell, I would guess it's so you can send the data to a parcel.

Okay one more question about tables (if I'm asking too many questions you can just tell me to "<bleep> off and figure this <beep> out for yourself".
    Is there a way to put a table inside a piece of equipment or to link to a rollable table?

I can make it work in a spell just not a piece of equipment.
    Last edited by BubbaGrim; February 2nd, 2017 at 03:01.

Thread Information