Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Par5E and Tables

I am trying to figure out how to import wandering encounters to the rollable tables in FG. Is there a right way to parse a table to make it work? I have many tables that have over 100 entries so importing line by line via copy paste is painful to say the least.

How would I format the below example and would I put it in the tables.txt file?
    1d4 Weather
    1 Sunny and warm
    2 Raining and cold
    3 Foggy and muggy
    4 Cloudy and cool

##;Weather Tables (example)
    #!;Weather Table (example)
    Roll on the weather table to randomize weather (example)
    dice;d4
    column;Weather
    row;1;1;Sunny and warm
    row;2;2;Raining and cold
    row;3;3;Foggy and muggy
    row;4;4;Cloudy and cool

Oneside,

Thanks for the reply! I have pasted your example into my tables.txt but still no love. I get a warning on Parse: table ... Weather Table
    Is there a header or something needed in the tables.txt file?

The only contents of my tables.txt file is:

##;Weather Tables
    #!;Weather Table
    Roll on the weather table to randomize weather
    dice;d4
    column;Weather
    row;1;1;Sunny and warm
    row;2;2;Raining and cold
    row;3;3;Foggy and muggy
    row;4;4;Cloudy and cool
    Last edited by geewaagh; December 5th, 2014 at 16:26.

Nope, that should be it. That is exactly the formating I used on my wild magic table and it works like a charm. You can set a category with #@; but if you don't it just puts it in there without one. I will be home in a few hours and I can help you troubleshoot.

Just tested it. Yes, you get an error if you leave off the category "#@;" but it still parses fine with no category.

OneSided
    Added the #@ category fixed my issue with this table and stopped the module from sometimes not writing! Thanks for your help!

At the expense of once again resurrecting a near dead thread. Why do my tables have little shields next to them and how do I get rid of that?

Do you mean at the start of each row?

Someone else pointed this out and I hadn't noticed this before. It may be due to changes in the FG client, but I don't know for sure. I don't think there's a solution.
    If you need to contact customer support or if there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Yes, it just contains the information in the cell, I would guess it's so you can send the data to a parcel.

Okay one more question about tables (if I'm asking too many questions you can just tell me to "<bleep> off and figure this <beep> out for yourself".
    Is there a way to put a table inside a piece of equipment or to link to a rollable table?

I can make it work in a spell just not a piece of equipment.
    Last edited by BubbaGrim; February 2nd, 2017 at 03:01.

Thread Information