5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    The only difference I'm seeing is that you have identification on in the first graphic and off in the second one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ack, you're right. The virgin campaign I imported it to had "Item Identification" set to off.

/hangs his head in shame.

Thanks again.

Okay, I'm probably losing my mind.
    I was building rollable tables that had alchemy raw material items on them and I couldn't figure out how to make it link to the list of raw material, so I dragged and dropped from the list master list to the rollable table (in the FG client). In the process I noticed that I had made a spelling error. Went back to my source code, fixed the error, re-compiled the module with par5e and went back to FG. I close the book, open the book. The spelling mistake is fixed as it should be, but the drag and drop changes I made are still there.

What am I missing?

Edit: Interesting the changes are local to my machine.
    Edit: FG creates a XML copy of the module in the folder "moduledb" that the changes are applied to. Hmmmm, mystery solved.
    Last edited by BubbaGrim; February 9th, 2017 at 00:39. Reason: more info

everything is local to your machine, nothing is stored on servers. Also Protip, backup your campaign regularly incase of HD / machine crash.

If you make changes to a module and then open it in a campaign where you have added or amended some part of the module you may have to revert changes in the module in order to see your changes because the campaign db will be overwriting the module.

If you want to create a link in a table in par5e then use the zlink. However use colons as a separator rather than semi colons. So #zl:item:rawmaterial
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Gawd, I'm sorry Zacch. I can't get this to work. Is this one of the broken things with Par5e and I should give up or can you give me a real world code snippet that works?
    row;2;2;#zl:item:equipment:Mandrake Root;
    is what I wrote and it opens an empty "New Item" when I click on it.
    Last edited by BubbaGrim; February 18th, 2017 at 00:43. Reason: grammer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGrim View Post
    Gawd, I'm sorry Zacch. I can't get this to work. Is this one of the broken things with Par5e and I should give up or can you give me a real world code snippet that works?

is what I wrote and it opens an empty "New Item" when I click on it.
    What does the XML look like for that entry in the par5ed file?

It generates something that looks like:
    <class>item</class>
    <recordname>item.mandrakeroot@Alchemy 2</recordname>
    when what I want is:
    <class>reference_equipment</class>
    <recordname>reference.equipmentdata.mandrakeroot@A lchemy 2</recordname>
    I can fix it in the XML file using copy and paste, but there has to be a more elegant solution.

edit: the quoted text adds a space in Alchemy where there isn't one
    Last edited by BubbaGrim; February 18th, 2017 at 02:31. Reason: clarification

More weirdness
    dice;2d6
    generates
    1d11+1
    Cool, figured out that one, Par5e expects dice;d6,d6
    Last edited by BubbaGrim; February 18th, 2017 at 02:54. Reason: fixed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGrim View Post
    It generates something that looks like:

when what I want is:

I can fix it in the XML file using copy and paste, but there has to be a more elegant solution.

edit: the quoted text adds a space in Alchemy where there isn't one
    its quite possible that with the 3.2 game updates that the format has changed. A global find replace at the end of the parse will fix if that is the case.
    why do you think there has to be a more elegant solution? the par5e tool is static now - it will not receive any more updates but FG is continuing to evolve. once formats change then par5e will become less and less useful.
    you do have other options - you can add the items directly into FG or you can do it by hand (which is how many of the content developers did and still do their work).

i apologise that this post sounds condescending - its not meant to be even though it probably looks/reads like it is.
    just about everything that par5e can do can be done with other tools today, so if you dont want to manually find/replace the xml you should look at those other methods.

Thread Information