5E Character Create Playlist
Page 9 of 23 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupine Horror View Post
    I followed the instructions posted here for how to install it, and I just get an error every time I try and run it, no matter what I do.
    The wine version I am using is wine-3.0-rc6, or at least that's what the terminal shows me when I check wine --version.
    I'm not particularly familiar with the ins and outs of how stuff works, so keeping it simple would be much appreciated.
    Try running it with wine version 2.6 instead of 3,
    That's what I do and it runs well.

I've been running Fantasy Grounds under PlayOnLinux with no issues whatsoever. I left everything at the default, latest version and it ran just perfectly. I also installed Syrinscape into the same directory, so that I can use DOE Sound Extension to link sounds into my campaign. So far so good!
    Art, Games, Life
    www.artystrique.com (In progress, so be kind, please)
    Discord https://discord.gg/grHbK6ck3Q

As far as I can work out, it's actually a driver or graphics thing that my laptop is throwing a hissy fit over. I remember having a lot of trouble just installing Ubuntu on this machine initially because of it, and I'm sure that if I fiddle enough I'll figure out how to manage it, though if someone here actually knows what's up and could tell me how to rectify it, that would be appreciated. At present, I believe doing something with Libgl will fix my current issue.

Cheers for the advice, but I think the issue is to do with this particular line in the error message:
    0xf7a276da in libgl.so.1 (+0xa96da) (0x00000014)

As far as I can tell, it's an issue with the graphics driver, or at least a part of it, that wine isn't playing nicely with.
    Considering that the nvidia graphics card was a faff on when I installed Ubuntu initially, it's not a great surprise to me that it's the issue here too.

Blog Entries
    Did you try perhaps in a slightly older version of WINE?
    I know that probably wont help if it is a driver issue but might be worth the test...?

Actually, trawling the internet seems to suggest it's actually an issue with fonts, and I recall a vague memory of snatching a truetype font from Windows... but it's currently 2:00am, and I'm at the hospital in 8 hours, I'll try my fix it approach later.

Blog Entries
    With wine I will almost always install winetricks; because there's always a couple of windows things that ought to be installed. So when I installed wine-2.6 on my linuxmint 18.3; well I made sure to include winetricks and then install the core TTF fonts from windows (arial, courier, etc.). That always helps to make things look better. As well I chose the STABLE version of wine-2.6 and not the development or the other wine branch (which I can't remember, but is discussed within this thread some months back, perhaps a year).

Otherwise with linux, i typically use the non-opensource video driver. So I'll use the nvidia driver instead of the default opensource driver from ubuntu/linuxmint/debian.

Blog Entries
    Am curious fellow LX buddies ... anyone notice that things are seeming a little slower/performance wise with their wine/FG installs? I'm using winehq-stable v3.0.0~xenial, with linuxmint18.3 and have noticed, or seem to have noticed that FG (v3.3.5) is taking longer to load. I've reduced the size of my token folder, got rid of top-down images in favour of pug images ... and even with no extensions, seems slow.

Therefore, just curious if any has noticed similar behaviour and done any investigation ... cause i've not done a sweet damn bit!

Hi Stratus, thank you very much for this tutorial. I just installed Fantasy Grounds on Archlinux using Windows 64 bit install and the latest Wine 64bit install (3.9) and it works like a charm.

I hope this helps others!

Thread Information