DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 23 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Updated!

Thank you all for your awesome step-by-step to get Fantasy Grounds to play nice with Ubuntu! I have followed them to the letter and everything seems to be working just fine.

However, I would also like to use the CharacterConverter.exe from the utilities folder but I have no idea how to get it to run. Unfortunately I found next to nothing on that topic. I have found a post somewhere that said to use mono, but that just gives me a whole lot of error messages about unhandled exceptions. Please help!

Blog Entries
    Hey there Simon ... not sure but this might be a case where use LX users are SOL. I tried a bunch of the normal tricks to see if I could get it to run and NOPE! I couldn't get it to execute. I think it's a standalone exe, so therefore if you have a virtualmachine that's running windows7 or higher; i think that might be your option.

Otherwise perhaps there's another LX user in the forum that has a trick to make this work.

Blog Entries
    Follow up ... I happened to have a VM running win10 running at the time of my above post, so i copied the exe to that machine and ran it. Yup, it started up fine. I don't have anything to convert, so i don't know what to expect from actually running a conversion ... but perhaps that's an option?

Hey skj310 and thanks for the reply!

I have Win10 installed alongside Ubuntu so I could just do the conversion on Windows and then boot back into Ubuntu. Looks like that is probably the easiest solution, then, even though I was hoping to find a more seamless way of handling things.

Well, maybe once the Unity version of Fantasy Grounds comes around this will all be taken care of...

Blog Entries
    So I just updated to Mint 18.2 as I was waiting for the decoupling of applications from cinnamon, as I noted that cinnamon would get crazy high CPU spikes. Now after installing it, getting wine (winehq-staging 2.12) back in place ... the result is a working FG 3.3.1C but with 1 flaw that i can see, a mouse cursor that looks like it's pixelized to hell and of maybe 8 colours!

So i'm hoping that someone in the forums has had the same experience, but was able to figure out where things went south and fix them? Comments welcome....

I've got PlayOnLinux, and am running Zorin 12 - a derivative of Ubuntu 16. I followed the directions at the top of this thread. FG installs properly and I can put in my serial number. However, it never successfully updates and therefore, it also never successfully verifies my serial number. I am stuck in demo mode, and no matter how many times I run the updater, the update button is still red.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Art, Games, Life
    www.artystrique.com (In progress, so be kind, please)
    Discord https://discord.gg/grHbK6ck3Q

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjera View Post
    I've got PlayOnLinux, and am running Zorin 12 - a derivative of Ubuntu 16. I followed the directions at the top of this thread. FG installs properly and I can put in my serial number. However, it never successfully updates and therefore, it also never successfully verifies my serial number. I am stuck in demo mode, and no matter how many times I run the updater, the update button is still red.
    Wish I had something to say but i've never tried with playonlinux. I've only ever installed wine, and even when i was still using wine 1.6 i still was able to run the updater.
    Have you correctly added your FG forums user account within the settings. That's the link to ensure all your purchased content is installed. Otherwise the license key should ensure that you're able to run FG and see updates to the core FG files (i.e. not the purchased content from the shop, i.e. supplements, tokens, adventures, etc.). From your description i am wondering if you HAVE everything working but are just missing your purchased content?

Blog Entries
    We have been seeing more and more cases where the key was valid but the launcher screen continued to show FREE instead of ULTIMATE. If that is the case, see the steps below (I wrote it for Mac users but the basic steps should also apply on Linux):

1. Launch FG and click the folder icon to open the Data Folder
    2. Browse up several directories in the Finder window until you reach drive_c and then navigate back down to Program Files\Fantasy Grounds.
    3. On your launch screen, click the Update Available button. This should put it on an intermediate step with another button that says Update. More importantly, it should no longer be running the FantasyGrounds.exe application and is now running the FGUpdaterEngine.exe
    4. Back in your Finder window, delete the FantasyGrounds.exe file
    5. Click the Update button and it should rebuild the FantasyGrounds.exe file

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We have been seeing more and more cases where the key was valid but the launcher screen continued to show FREE instead of ULTIMATE. If that is the case, see the steps below (I wrote it for Mac users but the basic steps should also apply on Linux):

1. Launch FG and click the folder icon to open the Data Folder
    2. Browse up several directories in the Finder window until you reach drive_c and then navigate back down to Program Files\Fantasy Grounds.
    3. On your launch screen, click the Update Available button. This should put it on an intermediate step with another button that says Update. More importantly, it should no longer be running the FantasyGrounds.exe application and is now running the FGUpdaterEngine.exe
    4. Back in your Finder window, delete the FantasyGrounds.exe file
    5. Click the Update button and it should rebuild the FantasyGrounds.exe file
    When I ran the Update from the main window, it went straight into the updater and began updating, with no middle step. I was forced to stop the update, leave the updater open, return to the Fantasy Grounds directory (which I had left open) and then delete FantasyGrounds.exe. After that, I told it to update again, and that managed to rebuild it and get the license key in correctly. It no longer reads "Free" on the main window, and it offers the "Create New Campaign" option.

However, it does say, "Check for Updates" on the update button on the main screen now, but when I click it, it appears to be changing nothing. If it says, "Check for Updates" that means there are updates available, doesn't it?

Thanks,

Netjera
    Last edited by Netjera; October 18th, 2017 at 21:30.
    Art, Games, Life
    www.artystrique.com (In progress, so be kind, please)
    Discord https://discord.gg/grHbK6ck3Q

Thread Information