FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 15 of 23 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Nope, it depends upon community users to update it. It would be awesome if you were willing to update it...
    I'd love to, but as I said POL hangs.

I'll try with WINE only, my friend got it to work with that, not using POL.

Got Fantasy Grounds to work in Linux Mint 19.2, using WINE only (not POL)!

I got the default campaign to work ok, but when I pointed to my data folder I copied over from my Windows installation, no campaigns are listed in the Load Campaign selection screen. Is there something I need to edit in the data folder? Pointing it back to the default data folder that came with the installation again shows the sample campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    I got the default campaign to work ok, but when I pointed to my data folder I copied over from my Windows installation, no campaigns are listed in the Load Campaign selection screen. Is there something I need to edit in the data folder?
    Nothing special - point it to the root of the FG app data directory you've copied over - the directory that will have subdirectories called campaigns, extensions, modules, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Nothing special - point it to the root of the FG app data directory you've copied over - the directory that will have subdirectories called campaigns, extensions, modules, etc..
    Yes, that's what I have. I see the default campaigns and my own in the /data/campaigns folder, but none of my own show up in the Load Campaign window, only the ones that came with the game.

edit: nevermind, had copied them to one folder too deep, now they show up and everything seems to work fine! I'll test networking with friends later.
    Last edited by Magnimost; December 19th, 2019 at 14:56.

Guide to Fantasy Grounds on Linux Mint 19.2

Guide to getting Fantasy Grounds to work with Linux Mint 19.2

Got Fantasy Grounds to work in Linux Mint 19.2! I'm not using PlayOnLinux, which hangs every time I try to use it.

Steps:
    1. Install WINE from applications browser in UI (no need to install PlayOnLinux). I installed version 4.0.5
    2. Download FG WINDOWS web installer from https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/home.php#Downloads
    3. Right click on the FGWebInstall.exe in your GUI file browser, select open with WINE
    4. FG window should open up. Update settings with your license key if applicable, log in to FG with your credentials. Click on update, this will take a while.
    5. OPTIONAL: If you have prior data to transfer, move the entire Fantasy Grounds folder (includes subfolders campaigns, extensions, modules, etc.) to the "c-drive" virtual drive. Mine was located at /home/(Linux username)/.wine/drive_c/users/(Linux username)
    6. Start FG by right clicking on FantasyGrounds.exe and selecting run with WINE. I found mine at /home/(Linux username)/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86). You can also create a shortcut to do that.

If you want to install WINE from command line, here's a good generic guide.

Network test worked out OK after I forwarded the port. Dice are rolling, combat tracker works, though the fans on my laptop are working overtime.
    Last edited by Magnimost; December 19th, 2019 at 17:51.

the fans on my laptop are working overtime.
    Try turning off 'compatibility mode' in the FG settings - typically I've found it isn't necessary on up-to-date Linux installs and since it forces a lot more screen refreshes it'll hammer your CPU/GPU.

Groan. Why do you have to wade through 15 pages of out-of-date posts to find out how to install on Linux!
    It's easy.

1. download exe (e.g. ~/Downloads/FGWebInstall.exe )
    2. install wine (there's a bunch of info out there)
    3. wine ~/Downloads/FGWebInstall.exe

Quote Originally Posted by AegisPrime View Post
    Try turning off 'compatibility mode' in the FG settings - typically I've found it isn't necessary on up-to-date Linux installs and since it forces a lot more screen refreshes it'll hammer your CPU/GPU.
    Forgot to thank you for this, that fixed the fans going wild!

Quote Originally Posted by ThrudSon View Post
    Groan. Why do you have to wade through 15 pages of out-of-date posts to find out how to install on Linux!
    It's easy.

1. download exe (e.g. ~/Downloads/FGWebInstall.exe )
    2. install wine (there's a bunch of info out there)
    3. wine ~/Downloads/FGWebInstall.exe
    That's a bit barebones instructions, I provided more detail a few posts up. Unity should (should) fix Linux issues and the ridicilous network hoops we have to jump through to get FG to work. Unfortunately the UI will remain the same clunky one, but can't have everything I guess.

Guide to getting Fantasy Grounds to work with Linux Mint 19.2

Got Fantasy Grounds to work in Linux Mint 19.2! I'm not using PlayOnLinux, which hangs every time I try to use it.

Steps:
    1. Install WINE from applications browser in UI (no need to install PlayOnLinux). I installed version 4.0.5
    2. Download FG WINDOWS web installer from https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/home.php#Downloads
    3. Right click on the FGWebInstall.exe in your GUI file browser, select open with WINE
    4. FG window should open up. Update settings with your license key if applicable, log in to FG with your credentials. Click on update, this will take a while.
    5. OPTIONAL: If you have prior data to transfer, move the entire Fantasy Grounds folder (includes subfolders campaigns, extensions, modules, etc.) to the "c-drive" virtual drive. Mine was located at /home/(Linux username)/.wine/drive_c/users/(Linux username)
    6. Start FG by right clicking on FantasyGrounds.exe and selecting run with WINE. I found mine at /home/(Linux username)/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86). You can also create a shortcut to do that.

If you want to install WINE from command line, here's a good generic guide.

Network test worked out OK after I forwarded the port. Dice are rolling, combat tracker works, though the fans on my laptop are working overtime.
    Thanks much for this. Wish first post were updated to point to this one.

I've installed fine FG but unable to host a party, I don't know how to port forward

If sone one know ?

Tks
    Guillaume

Thread Information