FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 23 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    You're welcome. I haven't updated this tutorial for a long time. I will have to go through the process again sometime and update.

There's a typo in the "alternate method" instructions. The Code shown below has a " character and then later a ” character.
    They may look the same or almost the same but it doesn't work on my system until I correct the second quote.

Commands that do not work:
    Code:
    $ WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.wine-prefixes/Fantasy-Grounds” WINEARCH=win32 wine wineboot
    Code:
    $ export WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.wine-prefixes/Fantasy-Grounds”
    Corrected commands:
    WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.wine-prefixes/Fantasy-Grounds" WINEARCH=win32 wine wineboot
    export WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.wine-prefixes/Fantasy-Grounds"

<edit> Formatting them as code in this forum is what's adding the bad quote character because it just did it to me again.
    Last edited by sstarsslayer; June 20th, 2018 at 02:55.

Quote Originally Posted by sturtus View Post
    You're welcome. I haven't updated this tutorial for a long time. I will have to go through the process again sometime and update.
    For fun, I just installed the latest version of Ubuntu, Wine, and PlayOnLinux, following the directions on the first page and everything worked out fine. /cheers!

Tried following the instructions (loosely) on my 32-bit Gentoo linux netbook, and it downloads the updates just fine, but when it tries to actually launch the program, I get an unhandled page fault (0x00000c80 in 32-bit code @ 0xb6ef02cc, which isn't inside any of the loaded module address ranges. I'm running wine-3.7-vanilla (not staging) and intel integrated gpu drivers. I can provide full logs if necessary.

Any ideas on how to get this working?

Quote Originally Posted by sibercat View Post
    Tried following the instructions (loosely) on my 32-bit Gentoo linux netbook, and it downloads the updates just fine, but when it tries to actually launch the program, I get an unhandled page fault (0x00000c80 in 32-bit code @ 0xb6ef02cc, which isn't inside any of the loaded module address ranges. I'm running wine-3.7-vanilla (not staging) and intel integrated gpu drivers. I can provide full logs if necessary.

Any ideas on how to get this working?
    Welcome to the forums.

My first guess would be the graphics card/graphics driver setup as FG immediately initializes DirectX v9 when it starts. Make sure you have support for DirectX and 3D in your setup.

Even if you get past this error, I very much doubt if you’ll ever get Fantasy Grounds running properly (i.e. usable for gaming) on a 32-bit Linux netbook. Not enough RAM and performance (both GPU and CPU).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Anyone got this to work on Linux Mint 19?

When I create a new virtual drive in POL, it hangs. The drive is created, nevertheless. So then I try to run FGWebinstall in POL on the drive, there's an error popup with zero information (just a vertical bar), and it again hangs without anything happening.

Yes, FG 3.3.6 is running perfectly on Linux Mint 19 for me - I don't use Play on Linux though, just Wine Staging.

I'm trying to get this running on a brand new install of Mint 19. I'm able to run the updater and log in, but launching FG produces the errors "Fantasy Grounds requires Microsoft DirectX 9 or newer" followed by "Could not initialize graphics system!" I installed the directx DLL d3dx9 via winetricks and rebooted, but continue getting the same error. No luck when I tried POL either.

Any advice is welcome!

Blog Entries
    the only way I can get it to work properly for me is using either winehq-stable or winehq-staging. which is better to use? dunno. both seem to work and am. not sure if one is faster. I tend to go with winehq-staging for other apps.

winehq-stable did the trick. Many thanks!

Thread Information