Starfinder Playlist
Page 14 of 23 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    After reinstalling FG the game game won't even start with Proton 4.2-9

Blog Entries
    The current Game Engine has no Linux client.
    The FGU version of the software - hopefully coming for Xmas - will have a native Linux client.
    Until then its not a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The current Game Engine has no Linux client.
    The FGU version of the software - hopefully coming for Xmas - will have a native Linux client.
    Until then its not a possibility.

so that means, for anyone who bought the regular game and not the ultimate license won't be able to play from Linux natively?

Blog Entries
    No. The current Game Engine only has a native Windows client.
    Mac and Linux support is via a Wine skin/wrapper/other.

The current Game Engine will likely become known as Fantasy Grounds Classic or FGC in the near future.
    The future game engine (which we are hoping might drop for Xmas) will likely be known as Fantasy Grounds Unity or FGU.
    The new game engine will have native Linux and Mac builds.

At this point in time the game runs on Linux via an emulator.
    If you use the Steam install it will install a Wine wrapped instance of Fantasy Grounds.
    I dont know what version of Linux it was prepped on but there are hundreds of versions of Linux and the Wine wrapper will likely need some tuning to work on your version of Linux.

There are some quite detailed posts about what settings others have used for various builds.
    Unfortunately you are probably going to need to read some of those and try something similar.

thanks for the info. looking forward for the new engine.

Used latest wine from Playonlinux, only deviation from OP and worked like a dream on popOS 19.04 =P

Using Linux Mint 19.1 (Ubuntu based) this worked with wine 3 a few days ago, but after the latest update to the proprietary NVIDIA drivers, I get a weird error now. The upgrade manager still works fine, and updating to wine 4 doesn't fix it. Has anybody else seen this? I know there's the Unity version with native Linux build coming, but I'd love to know if I can use the classic until then.

0009:fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33f924,0x00000000), stub!
    X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
    Major opcode of failed request: 154 (GLX)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
    Value in failed request: 0x0
    Serial number of failed request: 189
    Current serial number in output stream: 190

Turns out this WAS related to the NVIDIA video drivers. Some of the older driver libraries didn't get removed by the newer ones.

sudo apt list | grep nvidia | grep installed Gave me a list of packages, most of which had 430 (the lastest version number) but with a couple that ALSO had an earlier number. Specifically uninstalling those older dupes (AND RESTARTING!) worked for me.

Any update to the guide, it's two years old? It hangs on Linux Mint 19.1 and 19.2 at -- Select the install file to run, Browse to FGWebInstall.exe, Next.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    Any update to the guide, it's two years old? It hangs on Linux Mint 19.1 and 19.2 at -- Select the install file to run, Browse to FGWebInstall.exe, Next.
    Nope, it depends upon community users to update it. It would be awesome if you were willing to update it...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information