5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ffujita View Post
    Should I put *all* the tokens in a single module? If not, how many modules do the seasoned veterans use? Or, how many tokens per module?
    I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to this really. I have dozens of token bags since I, like the OP, bought all of DK's stuff and each of them come in a separate module or folder. I did get some from somewhere which I put into a single bag. The point of the above is not to share vast numbers of tokens with players (so keep all of your tokens in the host folder - not the shared one), and not to have lots of bags open when you play. So when you are creating NPCs or whatever you need to open the bags to find the tokens you want but afterwards you close them up. So basically whether you have then in one folder or 50 folders is a matter of personal preference.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Well, I put a bit over 2800 tokens in one big module. I figure that when I'm looking for tokens as I'm building my adventures, I'll just open the mod up, and type in names to search. With the right organization I might have a better time finding things, but this was easier to do.

Blog Entries
    Wow! That will work fine. But 2800 tokens in your main token directory would have definitely chewed some memory!
    Ive never organised all my tokens but I rarely have 50 in my token folder and usually many less.

Quote Originally Posted by ffujita View Post
    Well, I put a bit over 2800 tokens in one big module. I figure that when I'm looking for tokens as I'm building my adventures, I'll just open the mod up, and type in names to search. With the right organization I might have a better time finding things, but this was easier to do.
    The search function will work on any bags you have open. In other words if you have 50 bags open with 100 tokens in each and type in 'Goblin' it will find all the tokens marked goblin in all of the bags you have open. There isn't a need therefore to have them all in one bag to search.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Now you tell me Well, it's always good to know, but I'm not going to go re-organize my module.

I keep all my tokens in a seperate folder on the hard drive. According to windows, my token folder has 4,476 Files, 119 Folders, LOL

The only tokens I place in the FG data folders would be the ones i need for the module i am currently running. The shared token folder only holds player tokens.

Now the folder I keep them in is all sorted. I have, PC and NPC, and then each of those is broken down further, PC breaks down to player races, and accessories ( tents, fires, horses, etc.) And the NPC section is broken down along the lines of the monster type listing in the monster manual (aberration, celestial, etc...). A little clunky, but i usually sit at the top level of my token folder and use windows search on it when i need something specific.

That's sure a lot of creatures to kill.

DM-Kevin - Current campaign running: D&D 5.0 Tomb of Annihilation -

Thread Information