STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Not really. The 5E effects wiki page captures most of the details of automated features, since they are usually tied to effects. The Errol option is fairly new, and sort of a one off behavior at this point.

JPG

Moon Wizard, as usual you are awesome! "RESIST: all, !psychic" works like a charm in the update! Grimfang the barbarian thanks you!

Quote Originally Posted by AKABigBlack View Post
    Moon Wizard, as usual you are awesome! "RESIST: all, !psychic" works like a charm in the update! Grimfang the barbarian thanks you!
    I looked at the WIKI but still don't get how to make this work.

How would I setup an effect for the Barbarian "Rage"
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

Quote Originally Posted by bnickelsen View Post
    I looked at the WIKI but still don't get how to make this work.

How would I setup an effect for the Barbarian "Rage"
    Quick answer - add the effect text to the barbarian in the combat tracker. See post #4 in this thread for an example screenshot. Type in the text RESIST: all, !psychic

Post #3 shows an example where AKABigBlack added a power to their PC sheet actions tab and created an effect entry (right-click on the power and select "Add Action" -> "Add Effect"). Change the description/conditions/modifiers to be RESIST: all, !psychic and use the other settings as shown in post #3. Then when you click the effect button (outline of a humanoid icon) the effect will automatically applied to the PC (because of the target = self setting).

Once you get used to setting up powers for special ability effects, you might find the player effect removal extension useful. But, one step at a time...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Effects like this are also great for permanent racial bonuses, like Dwarven Resilience.
    +2 License of Ultimate Hosting
    Current Projects: Murder in Baldur's Gate Module
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

For the full rage experience I would do:
    ADVSAV: strength;ADVCHK: strength;DMG: 2 melee;RESIST: bludgeoning, slashing, piercing

However if you have the 1st bear totem feature use this instead:
    ADVSAV: strength;ADVCHK: strength;DMG: 2 melee;RESIST: all, !psychic

In either case remember to change the "DMG: 2 melee" section to the proper number as you level.

So I got the rage working, Great.

I thought to myself I got this and added the CT "RESIST: Cold" Looked simple enough? But alas no.not working. Now the only thing i can this in duration is 0... Because I could not figure out how to set it to not expire?
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

RESIST: 'cold' or 'Cold' - if I remember case is sensitive ,
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    UK Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder
    Discord: Mavrik6666#9572

Duration of 0 means it doesn't expire; that's how you set it to last forever.
    +2 License of Ultimate Hosting
    Current Projects: Murder in Baldur's Gate Module
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

This is what I have and it is not working

Attachment 10283
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

Thread Information