STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

damage resistance effects

posted this in another thread, thinking it might have been lost. I know how to set resistances to damage for individual types (RESIST: piercing;...), but was wondering if it can be done the following: "resistance to all damage except psychic". this is for the raging barbarian at 3rd level with the bear totem. if i have to list out each individually so be it, it's just that it clutters up the combat tracker something fierce. was just wondering if anyone knew of a better way...

I haven't tried this this and don't have FG in front of me, but isn't there a resist all damage? If so then resist everything and then give him VULN: psychic?

that's what i'm not sure of, the resist all syntax. i've tried this:Attachment 7827 with no results.

When I type the resistances into the CT manually, with comma separators, the result it as expected.

When I type it in exactly the same into the character sheet actions tab, using an effect and applying it, the commas are stripped out and it doesn't work.

Anyone know why?

I'm not really sure why that may be, but I was pretty sure the correct syntax was RESIST: acid; RESIST: cold; etc... in the character sheet actions.

that is how it works. "RESIST: piercing; RESIST: bludgeoning; RESIST: slashing; RESIST: cold;....". but i was wondering if there was a way to set it up so one keyword would grant resistance to all damage types. typing them all out really clutters up the combat tracker.

I haven't done this myself, but have you tried adding just the word RESIST without any modifier to it? Its supposed to assume all damage types if you don't add anything after it.

i did. i thought that's what the wiki stated, but no love there.

I have tried -
    RESIST: all
    RESIST: piercing, etc (and it works when typed into the CT manually but not when used as an effect from the character sheet)
    RESIST: !psychic
    RESIST: all, !psychic

none worked when done as effects on the character sheet.

I'm pretty sure RESIST: piercing; RESIST: bludgeoning; et al would also work but that is what we are trying to avoid.

i'm in the same boat. i've tried all iterations of the resistances you did and got the same results. if i have to list them all out, so be it, but it just seems that there should be a better way...

Thread Information