STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    Happy retirement, MOTD!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    With the 2021-03 core release yesterday, allowing story entries to be dragged to the Message of the Day window to essentially copy a story entry, there isn't any need to use the MOTD extension anymore. Enjoy your retirement!
    Loved your extension. I imagine it must be a great honor to have it incorporated into the Fantasy Grounds Unity program itself - CONGRATULATIONS!

I can't populate Links on the built-in MOTD... it replaces the entire MOTD with the story that I'm trying to link instead of simply filling the link bubble. So there's still still some value with the extension, I think. I'm re-enabling it now.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinFreitas View Post
    I can't populate Links on the built-in MOTD... it replaces the entire MOTD with the story that I'm trying to link instead of simply filling the link bubble. So there's still still some value with the extension, I think. I'm re-enabling it now.
    As a workaround, create a story entry with all the links you want in it. Then drag/drop that story entry to the MOTD.

I would just do it this way anyway. It allows me to create a module of standard MOTD story entries in their own story group that I can pull into any campaign without needing to recreate for each one.
    Last edited by wndrngdru; April 2nd, 2021 at 02:08. Reason: Expanded thoughts.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by JustinFreitas View Post
    I can't populate Links on the built-in MOTD... it replaces the entire MOTD with the story that I'm trying to link instead of simply filling the link bubble.
    Create a normal story entry how you want it - with your links etc. setup. Then drag that story entry into the MOTD window. That will give you everything you have setup in the story entry - just like you would in the old MOTD extension.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Makes sense, thanks y'all.

I missed this feature (and extension) until now. Treloe, are you like the indie code developer who gets bought out by Microsoft? You come up innovations until the Big Finance people at Smiteworks open their checkbook so you can host games on your private server from your private island in the Caymans? (Kidding, hopefully that's funny, right?)

Anyway, we appreciate all of these quality of life improvements. This will be a tool of practical use in my games.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    Anyway, we appreciate all of these quality of life improvements. This will be a tool of practical use in my games.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    This will be a tool of practical use in my games.
    Don't use the extension - it's now in the base CoreRPG ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You should probably lock the thread, as you say they thought your idea was awesome enough they incorporated it straight into the game. This is just a source of confusion now. IMHO
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    You should probably lock the thread, as you say they thought your idea was awesome enough they incorporated it straight into the game. This is just a source of confusion now. IMHO
    I don't see any reason to lock it. If people can't post, make comments or ask questions then there could be more confusion.

Thread Information