DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    I just tried this out on 3.3.2 and it works great ^^ Thanks!

Just tried adding this to a campaign in FG 3.3.7. Player get an empty New Story box though, not the MOTD story. Any ideas what may be the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by drkvoid View Post
    Just tried adding this to a campaign in FG 3.3.7. Player get an empty New Story box though, not the MOTD story. Any ideas what may be the issue?
    Welcome to the forums.

Did you follow all 3 steps mentioned in post #1? MOTD must be all upper case and you must manually share the story entry.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry. Missed the share part. Working now.

Has this been discontinued? I can't find a link anywhere in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by YggBjorn View Post
    Has this been discontinued? I can't find a link anywhere in the first post.
    Welcome to the FG forums!

The link is still there at the bottom of post #1. Make sure you're not viewing the site in mobile mode - ensure you're viewing the "Full site".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Make sure you're not viewing the site in mobile mode - ensure you're viewing the "Full site".
    That fixed it! Thanks!

If you don't see this then make sure that you are not viewing the forum in mobile mode. Find the dropdown at the very bottom of the forum page and change it to something else.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

So I am really new to using extensions, but this one seems really interesting and something that I would use and I was just putting together a synopsis of my groups latest game. My question is how exactly would I get this to work with fantasy grounds. I see an extensions folder, but is it really as easy as importing into that folder and that's that? What are the images for? Sorry for the NEWB question.

Also, is there a version of this for other systems? I would really like to use with for my 5th edition campaign. Thank you.

Welcome to FG, GamerDad79.

Thus extension works just fine in 5e. It is a core based extension and should work in any ruleset that is based on core such as 5e is.

To use the extension download it and put it in your extensions folder. Start a new campaign or load an existing one and check the dot nest to the MOTD extension in the list that shows.

Once loaded create a story called MOTD, write whatever you want in it and then right click and select share sheet. When your players join your campaign the message you wrote will pop up when they enter FG.

not sure about your question about images. Can you expand on that one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Thread Information