DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    Hey Trenloe, is there a way to change the title of the MOTD to something else more suited to a campaign? I guess an example would be "Previously on Curse of Strahd", but basically anything to suit a campaign being run instead of a plain old MOTD. While I'm okay with XML code now, I'm not too much up on LUA stuff yet, even though it does look somewhat similar.

If possible I'd like you to walk me through the process needed to change it from MOTD to anything I so desire, or a DM in a group I play in also wishes too. I have Notepad++ so I know how to easily edit files after changing extensions and modules to ZIP files and opening the LUA and XML files to change things, I just don't quite understand what I'm looking at entirely yet, and a bit of practice would make perfect, so to speak.
    “The line between the Light and the Darkness is not always so thin, for Good can come of wrong just as Evil may show from right. But sometimes...the Ends justify the Means”.

Quote Originally Posted by Teknykk View Post
    Hey Trenloe, is there a way to change the title of the MOTD to something else more suited to a campaign? I guess an example would be "Previously on Curse of Strahd", but basically anything to suit a campaign being run instead of a plain old MOTD. While I'm okay with XML code now, I'm not too much up on LUA stuff yet, even though it does look somewhat similar.

If possible I'd like you to walk me through the process needed to change it from MOTD to anything I so desire, or a DM in a group I play in also wishes too. I have Notepad++ so I know how to easily edit files after changing extensions and modules to ZIP files and opening the LUA and XML files to change things, I just don't quite understand what I'm looking at entirely yet, and a bit of practice would make perfect, so to speak.
    Looks like the following line in manager_motd_extension.lua is what you need to change:
    if DB.getValue(vNode, "name", "") == "MOTD" then

Actually not the whole line, just the MOTD between quotes.

Whatever title you want to use on your story entry has to match exactly with what is between those quotes.

Hah, yeah I had a feeling it'd be as simple as a single line of code or one section of it. I'm just not exactly an expert in the field and only dabble when I want something done. It's always the way though, one little thing, but it did the trick when I tested it via Local Host.

Thanks for jumping in for me, it'll be useful to both myself as a GM and for the DM who runs another game for me.
    “The line between the Light and the Darkness is not always so thin, for Good can come of wrong just as Evil may show from right. But sometimes...the Ends justify the Means”.

Quote Originally Posted by Teknykk View Post
    Hah, yeah I had a feeling it'd be as simple as a single line of code or one section of it. I'm just not exactly an expert in the field and only dabble when I want something done. It's always the way though, one little thing, but it did the trick when I tested it via Local Host.

Thanks for jumping in for me, it'll be useful to both myself as a GM and for the DM who runs another game for me.
    And now you've done some Lua programming and will be pumping out the extensions in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    Looks like the following line in manager_motd_extension.lua is what you need to change:
    if DB.getValue(vNode, "name", "") == "MOTD" then

Actually not the whole line, just the MOTD between quotes.

Whatever title you want to use on your story entry has to match exactly with what is between those quotes.
    Noob question: How do I open the file to change this line? Notepad did not work

Quote Originally Posted by GainunX View Post
    Noob question: How do I open the file to change this line? Notepad did not work
    Notepad does work. You need to change the .ext to .zip and then unzip the file to get at the files first. Then open up the file manager_motd_extension.lua file.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Notepad does work. You need to change the .ext to .zip and then unzip the file to get at the files first. Then open up the file manager_motd_extension.lua file.
    Thanks!

Thanks for the confirm.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

That's a great extension ! Very usefull ! Thanks a lot
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

Thread Information