DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Welcome to FG, GamerDad79.

Thus extension works just fine in 5e. It is a core based extension and should work in any ruleset that is based on core such as 5e is.

To use the extension download it and put it in your extensions folder. Start a new campaign or load an existing one and check the dot nest to the MOTD extension in the list that shows.

Once loaded create a story called MOTD, write whatever you want in it and then right click and select share sheet. When your players join your campaign the message you wrote will pop up when they enter FG.

not sure about your question about images. Can you expand on that one.
    There was an image file attached to the main post. I realized it was only a "screenshot" of what the extension should look like. Thank you very much for the help.

Hey, cool extension!!
    Does it also work in FGU?

Yes it does.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

I set this up according to the instructions and I see the loading info in the chat window, but none of the players see a MOTD window. I am playing Pathfinder 2e in FGC.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post
    I set this up according to the instructions and I see the loading info in the chat window, but none of the players see a MOTD window. I am playing Pathfinder 2e in FGC.
    Have you followed the three steps in post #1 exacty?
    Have you called the Story entry MOTD?
    Have you shared the story entry?

If you've done this and it still doesn't work, then please provide a screenshot showing the shared MOTD story entry in the "Story" campaign data list window.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post
    Here is the screenshot.

Screenshot 2020-09-19 092152.png
    You're using Notes, the entry should be a Story.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You're using Notes, the entry should be a Story.
    That would explain it, thanks.

Thanks for this excellent extension. Question: once the players see the story, will it only appear that one time or continue to appear every time they log in? I'd like to test it out as the DM (5e) first, and don't know if I would then need to create another story for it to appear to the players (because the first one "expired")? Also, if the same story will keep appearing, I'd like to just edit it for each subsequent session. Thanks!

Thread Information