FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Ruleset Usage

Blog Entries

Ruleset Usage

I posted this on G+ and Facebook yesterday and today, at the request of several bloggers and media folks. I'm sure it could spark some interesting discussion and debate. These stats don't rate the quality of any given game system, only the amount they are being played. There are games for over 726 individual rulesets recorded for 2014, so there are a lot of games being serviced by these other systems in an unofficial capacity. To me, that's great to see. I'm also happy to see Savage Worlds doing so well, since we have a lot of support from Pinnacle and Triple Ace Games in this space.

Anyway, on to the links:

Overall 2014 Q1-Q3 Ruleset Usage
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...lesetUsage.htm

Trending of the Top 5 Rulesets throughout 2014
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...tUsage2014.htm

VenomousFiligree
    Would've liked to have seen CoreRPG in the second one. Is it showing a steady increase?

What exactly are these stats measuring? When I fire up FG and work on my campaign, or a module campaign and no other players connect, is that counted? Just curious.

Blog Entries
    It aggregates calls to the alias server. It won't track any games run over static IP or run off-line, but it will pick up launches of a campaign even if a player does not connect. It's hard to say how those things balance each other out, but the percentages across rulesets should be equivalent with respect to those issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    It aggregates calls to the alias server. It won't track any games run over static IP or run off-line, but it will pick up launches of a campaign even if a player does not connect. It's hard to say how those things balance each other out, but the percentages across rulesets should be equivalent with respect to those issues.
    Does use of /reload affect these measures? If so I personally have probably caused 10% of SW usage, lol
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

No, reload doesn't affect the numbers, only the GM launch of a campaign.

JPG

5E is moving on up. I read about it online and have looked at the players handbook. I like the grandness of Pathfinder though and don't see myself switching over at least anytime soon. Does anyone else have any definitive reasons that 5e is/could be better than Pathfinder?

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCrust View Post
    Does anyone else have any definitive reasons that 5e is/could be better than Pathfinder?
    I think you need to ask that question in a separate thread...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information