DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Time Zones at the FCon site

I'm somewhat confused by what the time zone selection are showing on the FCon site. I live in the Central Time Zone, which is -6 hours from UTC during the summer. The FCon site is showing it as being -5 hours. Now granted I can simply set my time zone to Mountain Time to get the -6 hour offset, but I just wanted to know if I'm not seeing something right on the site, or if others have encountered this, etc. Obviously my main worry is missing a scheduled game due to an incorrect time setting.

Ultimate License Holder!
    Anyone can play!
    Timzone:
    US Central (-6 GMT)

Central is -5 UTC during the summer (daylight savings). Assuming you're in Central Daylight Time.

https://www.timeanddate.com/library/...es/na/cdt.html

The FG Con website is showing the UTC offset of -5 which is correct for your selected timezone of US/Central.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Central is -5 UTC during the summer (daylight savings). Assuming you're in Central Daylight Time.
    If his location is correct (NE MS) then yes, he is in Central Daylight right now. He does *not* live in an area that does not apply daylight savings. And UTC-5 *is* correct.

Hmm... well then my math was off. How embarrassing. Yes I am in Central, and after double checking again we are -5 off UTC. Sorry for the trouble.

Ultimate License Holder!
    Anyone can play!
    Timzone:
    US Central (-6 GMT)

Blog Entries
    Better that you ask these things. We use an online database to pull all the regions, timezones, offsets, daylight savings start/finish dates fro and its not always right. We just realised last week that it was wrong for 3 Australian States....

Well, the state anyway. Would take a rather large death ray to take him out. The XT-20 Microwaver should suffice.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Guess there were still issues with the timezone? 2pm Central Start time today (Saturday) for the Cthulhu Invictus game you signed up for Casimir. You can still join if you hurry...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information