5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[QUESTION] Map pins visible to players?

Hi,

Is it possible to make map pins visible to players? So they can click and view the info?

Nope, pins are for the GM only.

A basic way to show short info to the players is to add tokens to the map (make them visible) and drag some text onto the token so that the text appears when a player hovers their mouse pointer over the token.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post

A basic way to show short info to the players is to add tokens to the map (make them visible) and drag some text onto the token so that the text appears when a player hovers their mouse pointer over the token.
    *Faints after reading such a brilliant idea!*
    * wakes and boots FG up... lets get to work*

Blog Entries
    Another way of doing this is to use DuluxOz's Location extension. I believe you can create a location, add notes/data and assign a token, then drag the token to the map so that players can access.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Another way of doing this is to use DuluxOz's Location extension. I believe you can create a location, add notes/data and assign a token, then drag the token to the map so that players can access.
    Ahh. Interesting... Now I will have to pester Dakadin to make RM build on CoreRpg....

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post

Excelent workaround, thank you!

Ok, I just found this because I had an issue with this last night. I had 2 players that could see the pins and 2 that could not. I obviously didn't want them to see the pins, so not sure how that happened. I have looked all over for an option that might have been turned on, but can not find one. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    On the map that has the pins, right click on any green pin - click make pin not shareable.

I just discovered this myself in Dulux-Oz's last video video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neJYS3bV8EU
    Ultimate License Holder

Thanks for the quick response, and that would work if they had been green, but they were seeing the red pins and the description.

Blog Entries
    I have never used the pins myself yet, so I am not sure what happened there. Try unsharing, then resharing the map might solve it.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information