DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Savage Worlds v4 is almost there

As some of you might be aware we are very much ready to push the next major version of Savage Worlds into public play testing. SW4 introduces lots of new features, few changes and it's based on CoreRPG ruleset. Personally I would like to increase/highlight people's awareness of the new SW4 and its feature to gain better play tester base and generally increase how-to-do-it-in-SW-ruleset knowledge. We are aware that documentation is not the strongest point here, but that's because we don't have the tools nor time to do it properly. Personally I don't earn any penny from doing the development but I do it because I see FG+SW as rock-solid solution for virtual tabletop!

Doswelk is doing awesome videos about SW4 which will be the edge of learning how to use the ruleset, but unfortunately all of these videos might not be out there before we start play testing phase, so my question is how could we increase the awareness and awesomeness of next Savage Worlds ruleset? For instance, are people interested in having google hangout session with developers where SW4 features are covered with Q&A? What other ways we could increase the awareness and interest?
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

PLEASE CHECK THE MOST UPDATED CHANGELOG FROM HERE.

Topics of next Savage Worlds ruleset divided into Categories (directly from changelog):

CORERPG
    [CoreRPG] SavageWorlds ruleset is build on top of CoreRPG
    [Feature] Improved story, image, encounter, item, note, tokenbag, modifier, effects and option preference features

COMMON
    [Feature] Any trait die can be adjusted by +2 to -2 steps with new menu option
    [Feature] Weapon damage is updated automatically when attributes change, this can be changed with new option
    [Feature] Any attribute (in addition to STR) can be used to defined weapon's damage. Use three first letters of attribute to use them
    [Feature] If ?-character is assigned after STR-notation in weapon damage minimum strength requirements are ignored when calculating damage
    [Feature] !-character can be assigned after attribute-notation in weapon damage to increase given attribute by one die-type for damage calculation purposes
    [Feature] If Charisma is assigned to as modifier to any trait it's modifier will be updated whenever Charisma value changes
    [Feature] Raise calculator tool. New preference option is provided to manage it
    [Feature] Double-click or middle-mouse click any dervied stat on CT or in NPC sheet to set that number into Raise Calculator
    [Feature] Damage string and AP value can be declared for any damage dices by right clicking on it and selecting EDIT -> SETUP (feature especially for Powers)
    [Feature] AP value is displayed next to damage dices
    [Bug] Minisheet's attack list could not display more than few attacks
    [Bug] When dragging full count of PC inventory item their count get increased. As a fix, hold ALT down instead of CTRL
    [Deprecated] Table slashcommands no longer supported, use rollabel tables instead

CAMPAIGN
    [Feature] Support for Rollable tables
    [Feature] Support for Calendar
    [Feature] Support for Parcel sheet
    [Feature] Support for Party sheet
    [Feature] Armor and Weapons can be created as part of campaign
    [Feature] Sub-list buttons in Items list are draggable and can be dropped to hotkeys
    [Feature] NPC and Vehicle sheets support space and reach
    [Feature] Items can be marked as unidentified/identified for players. New preference option is provided to manage this
    [Feature] Vehicle sheet support drag-and-droppable weapons
    [Feature] Vehicle sheet's weapon details can be displayed by clicking the link icon on right side of the weapon
    [Feature] Weapon sheet has own field for Armor Piercing

CHARSHEET
    [Feature] Show bennies on PC portraits. New preference option is provided to change visibility
    [Feature] Show power points on PC portraits. New preference option is provided to change visibility
    [Feature] Show wounds and shaken/incapacitated status on PC portraits. New preference option is provided to change visibility
    [Feature] Show parry and toughness on PC portraits. New preference option is provided to change visibility
    [Feature] Race links can be dragged and dropped into character sheet's race field
    [Feature] Details can be added to skills, edge, hindrance, power and allies created in character sheet
    [Feature] Minimum strength penalties for ranged weapons are included automatically into weapons when updating weapon damage
    [Feature] New way to define derived stat values: Modifiers can be assigned for derived stats (right click -> modifiers, or double-click) and derived stats are updated automatically. This can be changed with new option
    [Feature] Ally's token is displayed next to name in ally list
    [Feature] Weapon details can be changed for sub-attacks
    [Feature] Support for Skill Specialization setting rule. New preference option added to manage this. When enabled, specializations can be added to skills
    [Feature] Support for No Power Points setting rule. New preference option added to manage this. When enabled, power points are not displayed
    [Feature] Support for Joker's Wild setting rule. New preference option added to manage this
    [Feature] Power Points are only visible if character has selected Arcane Background
    [Feature] Items, Armors, Weapons and Vehicles can be dragged and dropped on PC Portrait to give item to character. Host must hold ALT down to perform this
    [Feature] NPCs can be dragged and dropped on PC Portrait to assign ally to character. Host must hold ALT down to perform this
    [Feature] Coins can be recorded to PC sheet as currency
    [Feature] Armor stat is displayed next to Toughness in PC sheet/minisheet. New preference option is provided to manage it

CHAT
    [Feature] Embedded field for inputing mood is displayed below chat-entry. This can be changed with new option
    [Feature] Language and mood selections are identity-based
    [Feature] Friend-or-foe icons are used for NPC when they speak in chat. This can be changed with new option

PARTY SHEET
    [Feature] Support for dragging and dropping Items, Armors, Weapons and Vehicles from Party Sheet into PC and Ally sheet
    [Feature] Support for dragging and dropping Items, Armors, Weapons and Vehicles from PC and Ally sheet into Party Sheet
    [Feature] Party allies section in Party Sheet can be used to store and share common NPC allies who are not with PCs at the moment

COMBAT TRACKER
    [Feature] Ally's name changes in CT when updated in character sheet
    [Feature] Only Wild Card NPCs see their bennies in CT
    [Feature] Active combatant is highlighted in CT. Highlighing background color depends on combatant's friend-foe status
    [Feature] Active NPC combatant's attack & damage lines and effects are automatically expanded/shown
    [Feature] Active combatant's targets are highlighted in CT with bluish background color. This replaces previous PC portrait next to targeted combatant
    [Feature] Targeted combatant's defense and effects are automatically expanded/shown
    [Feature] Map targeting tools are synched with CT. For instance group targeting, targeting all friends or enemies or clearning all targetings
    [Feature] Option to decide when effect's duration is processed. Default value is "caster's turn" as per SW rules, another option is "target's turn"e
    [Feature] Effect with duration of zero doesn't expire, but can be manually deleted
    [Feature] Effects can be toggled to be maintainable. Maintainable effects will notify when they are about to expire
    [Feature] In addition to dropping effects into CT effects list they can be dropped on CT entry's name or on toggle-effects icon to apply them
    [Feature] Effects can be dragged from CT entries and dropped to another entry to replicate entry. This is useful when casting power on several targets
    [Feature] Maintainable effects display plus icon which can be clicked to increase duration by one
    [Feature] When effect's caster is removed from CT, all his effects are removed from other combatants as well
    [Feature] When double clicking token in CT entry, map is opened and centered to that token
    [Feature] When holding CTRL down and clicking token in CT entry, that token becomes targeted by active combatant
    [Feature] Active combatant can quickly target opponents by just holding CTRL down and clicking targets
    [Feature] When double clicking token on map, the corresponding sheet is opened
    [Feature] At the end of round, notify if any combatant is still on hold
    [Feature] To quickly duplicate NPC in CT, hold ALT down and click its group box
    [Feature] To quickly delete whole CT group hold ALT down and remove one entry
    [Feature] CT entries can be moved to or away from groups by dragging from their link icon. To duplicate CT entry, hold ALT down and drag-and-drop from link
    [Feature] Combatant's Shaken and Incapaciated statuses are highlighted in chat when it's his/her turn
    [Feature] Wild Card NPCs get their bennies automatially when added to CT
    [Feature] Show effects on minitracker. This can be changed with new option
    [Feature] Minitracker shows "On Hold" button when it's player's or his ally's turn. The button can be used to go On Hold and give turn to next combatant
    [Feature] On hold player can interrupt by double-clicking On Hold card. This will send nofitication to chat and remove On Hold status
    [Feature] On Hold status is indicated better by different action card. If combatant is On Hold the whole turn, s/he will be on top the next turn
    [Feature] When player clicks "End Turn" button the turn switches to next combatant automatically
    [Feature] New CT menu option: Clear all targets
    [Feature] CT activates active combatant's identity
    [Feature] Vehicles can be dragged and dropped into CT for initiative and targeting purposes. In addition vehicle's weapon damages can be rolled from CT
    [Feature] Targeting lines on map are displayed for active combatant
    [Feature] Combatant's space & reach is taken account when applying combat encounter
    [Feature] Auto-apply Joker bonus to trait and damage rolls. New preference option is provided to manage it

CARD DECK
    [Feature] Action Cards can be dragged from card deck tool and from hand and dropped to PC portrait, chat, card hand, combat tracker or to chase tracker
    [Feature] Action Cards can be removed individually from card hand with right click menu

EXPERIMENTAL
    [Experimental] Hit and damage detection. Drop any trait or damage dices on tokens on map or target tokens and hold CTRL down while making the roll to target it against given opponents

GM
    [Feature] GM bennies can be setup with new right click menu option in tools
    Last edited by Ikael; November 18th, 2014 at 21:55.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Ikael - I would certainly like to help by updating the supplement to version 4. If you do anything with Google hangouts, I will try to join if our timezones overlap. If V4 is coming out in the next few weeks, I'll just wait for that. I've never run both a dev version and a play version.

I do have a question about 3.4 you might be able to answer. There are two boxes in the upper right hand corner of the character frame in the chacter selection window. I know that the one in the far right is for bennies, but what is the one to the left for?
    Drat. Not Again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heyhogan View Post
    Ikael -I do have a question about 3.4 you might be able to answer. There are two boxes in the upper right hand corner of the character frame in the chacter selection window. I know that the one in the far right is for bennies, but what is the one to the left for?
    The adventure deck cards.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    Went through our first session using SWv4. It went smooth. I imported the pc's from our usual campaign. The edges and Hindrances links had to be reapplied from the modules but other than that no problems.
    Last edited by Mask_of_winter; October 4th, 2014 at 06:49.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    With ETU library extension adapter on I get this console error when toggling on/off the Options ---> Chat: Show GM dice rolls: Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/table_main.lua"]:58: attempt to index global 'hiderollresults' (a nil value)
    When the extension is disabled the console error goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    With ETU library extension adapter on I get this console error when toggling on/off the Options ---> Chat: Show GM dice rolls: Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/table_main.lua"]:58: attempt to index global 'hiderollresults' (a nil value)
    When the extension is disabled the console error goes away.
    I was able to reproduce this, but even thou it occurs in SavageWorlds v4.0 ruleset it is not related to this project directly. Primarily this bug should be reported to ETU extension developer but it's good that this issue was shared here as well for general know-it base

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    Went through our first session using SWv4. It went smooth. I imported the pc's from our usual campaign. The edges and Hindrances links had to be reapplied from the modules but other than that no problems.
    This is not Savage Worlds v4 related bug either. The cause of this is because edges and hindrances were created with use of Enhanced Library extension, but their content was not moved to the campaign where they were required. Originally these characters were created within campaign where you used Enhanced Library to create custom edges and hindrances. The reference between edges and hindrances was broken because character export does not export library content, just character details. To avoid this issue the Enhanced Library should be initially used to create module and content of it should be exported. After that you should have assigned edges and hindrances from exported module to character so the reference it accessable outsiude the campaign even if you export characters (but the module should be enabled in next campaign as well)

Blog Entries
    When flipping through the right hand side tabs of Personality sheets a small grey rectangle appears between the two tabs.

Savage Worlds Deluxe version 4.0.0 (Build 6)
    SW NPC Maker version 0.8 (Build 6)
    Adventure Deck version 1.4.0 (Build 1)
    SW Enhanced Adventure Deck version 0.3 (Build 2)
    SW Enhanced Desktop version 1.4 (Build 2)
    SW Enhanced Library version 1.4 (Build 3)

My group will be making the conversion to SW once our current campaign concludes.

In the meantime some of us have been starting to use the rules to get more familiar with them. Would love to help out with SW4 testing so we are ready for it.

The changes/upgrades are all awesome and going to make SW the premier rule set for FG that others will be chasing to catch up with.

Appreciate all the work and effort that went into your "labor of love"!!!!
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

Thread Information