5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 94 of 158 First ... 44849293949596104144 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    I humbly submit that Fantasy Grounds has better support for a rules systems and better integration of additional content (modules and sourcebooks) than any competing VTT. FGU v1 is intended to bring the rest of the features in line with the expectations of a modern VTT.
    That will certainly help a LOT and look forward to the day I agree 100% that FG has the best integrated content and automation. When mapping is brought up to similar levels folks wont have much reason to use anything else.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

We read this thread and others (the Wishlist is not a black hole, we do regularly check it) with interest and the ideas presented are considered. As noted, no decisions have been reached regarding how window management will be improved. Specifically regarding independent child windows that can be moved outside of the application window, the architecture does not support this and will likely continue to not support it.
    Thanks, Carl! Great info, and understood about the technical issues with implementing child windows, and the difficulty with implementing new features in general while also doing this massive move to a new engine. SmiteWorks does a wonderful job, especially considering the small team size. Everything concrete I've seen about FGU (info like your post, videos, etc.) has looked fantastic!

I just hope discussions about imagined new features (especially the more challenging ones) don't come across negatively to you and the other developers. That's not at all the attitude I have or intend to present, but written text is bad at conveying that. Speaking for myself, I just love this product so much, it's easy to get excited about the prospect of it getting even better! I hope these kinds of conversations throwing ideas around end up being a net positive for everyone and the product, and not too frustrating to the developers and moderators.

I humbly submit that Fantasy Grounds has better support for a rules systems and better integration of additional content (modules and sourcebooks) than any competing VTT. FGU v1 is intended to bring the rest of the features in line with the expectations of a modern VTT.
    I agree completely. I'm aware SW doesn't like to offer timelines and I agree for those reasons. That being said, is there any inkling of a general sense for an upcoming beta period or demo? As in, are we potentially months away, years away, completely unknown, etc.? I only ask because like everyone else, I'm greatly anticipating FGU's arrival and am on the edge of my seat with anticipation. Thanks for any info you may be able to share!

There are a few unknowns and portions of the design we need to work out still before we can begin to look at putting timelines on anything. A lot of things that seem like they should be easy or simple designs at first glance end up taking a lot more time than we would like to build the way we want. Once we feel comfortable with something people can actually use in a live game, we'll begin being more open about timelines and plans. I've found that building up excitement and missing expectations is worse than just waiting until things are ready (at least for an established product).

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    First rule of software development, Moon...everything costs more and takes longer. ��
    I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, and I'm not going!

(But I'll happily be GM...)

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There are a few unknowns and portions of the design we need to work out still before we can begin to look at putting timelines on anything. A lot of things that seem like they should be easy or simple designs at first glance end up taking a lot more time than we would like to build the way we want. Once we feel comfortable with something people can actually use in a live game, we'll begin being more open about timelines and plans. I've found that building up excitement and missing expectations is worse than just waiting until things are ready (at least for an established product).

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks Moon Wizard, I appreciate the response. Keep up the good work gents!

I know! That's why I'm the one staying on top of setting expectations for FGU appropriately. A lot of people have a lot of ideas of what they would like to see, including our own team.

Regards,
    JPG

To many other companies have announced dates that were never met and really kind of spoiled there reputations with the community. I'm glad that you guys are not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I know! That's why I'm the one staying on top of setting expectations for FGU appropriately. A lot of people have a lot of ideas of what they would like to see, including our own team.

Regards,
    JPG
    I'm pretty sure Doug has the bruises to prove it!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    This is indicative of a underlying problem with either your install or your content. I would first suspect this happens when you open multiple images? If so, it's probably because your image resolution is much too high. If that's not the case, I would suggest starting a new thread in the house of healing and we can help troubleshoot this and find the root cause.
    Here ya go!
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...n-drawing-text

I did a little testing first and images don't seem to be the problem at all, but simply drawing text is!

I'm not expecting this to change until FGU anyways, but I figured it was still worth posting what I found. Maybe it'll help.

Thread Information