5E Character Create Playlist
Page 91 of 158 First ... 41818990919293101141 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I agree with this. It's easy to forget that there is a huge silent majority out there (many thousands of users) who get on and game with FG all the time. I know that only a small portion of those users visit the forums, and even less voice an opinion. But the ability for all users to be able to carry on and use FG as they do now is important. And I'm glad SmiteWorks are very aware of this.
    I like FG and will continue to use it but I am by no means under the illusion it couldn't be better. The window explosion in FG is very tedious to say the least. Having a more modern UI is going to do nothing but increase the user base. I've got one DM I play with that wont use FG because of it... and I offered to buy it for him.

The UI is in serious need of updating and I look forward to seeing what FGU unlocks for us to tweak ontop of that. The weakest part of FG is the map tools and UI. FGU I suspect (based on the pre-release vids and what I have seen of Carl's work) will resolve those issues. Adding that to the toolbox of a DM with the automation tools in FG will really go a long way to the lifespan of FG.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I have similar complaints about Roll20 lol. I hate the look and feel of Roll20 so much I can't stand to even look at it. I honestly very much like and prefer FG's UI.

The FG UI is not only in serious need of updating, but of adopting UI standards rather than blazing FG-custom (and therefore alien) trails. UI is about ease of understanding, and FG should be adopting standards not adhering to FG-only UI.

If FG wanted to add something now (before FGU), FG could add tabs to its windows, and that alone could help use screen real estate far more efficiently. But I don’t know if tabifying the UI would be low hanging enough to do before FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by Guoccamole View Post
    FG should be adopting standards not adhering to FG-only UI.
    Well, heck, I wish Microsoft had stayed with the original UI. Creating something new is bad, dontcha know?

I really could not disagree more. Like I said, I very much like and prefer the FG UI. I think it is great as is.

Quote Originally Posted by shadelon View Post
    I really could not disagree more. Like I said, I very much like and prefer the FG UI. I think it is great as is.
    Your kidding right? Windows all over the place. No ability for window management. You shouldn't need struggle finding things. It shouldn't slow down your game, but I find it regularly does.

They need to hire a qualified UX designer.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Well, heck, I wish Microsoft had stayed with the original UI. Creating something new is bad, dontcha know?
    Wow. Following standards in UX design doesn't mean staying stuck in the past. Snarky responses are unhelpful and frankly insulting.

Frankly, that picture represents FG's current interface to me. Clunky and difficult to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovrin View Post
    Your kidding right? Windows all over the place. No ability for window management. You shouldn't need struggle finding things. It shouldn't slow down your game, but I find it regularly does.
    Most of the time I don't need more than 3 or 4 windows open at a time. Doesn't slow me down at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    If Fantasy grounds ran in a DOSbox with commands then people could run remote server Fantasy Grounds...

I'm going to go get my SSH running brb

This may have been mentioned in the past, but I think I'd really like to have the option of having all of the relevant NPC records that I need open for an encouter in a single tabbed frame, similar to how Notepad++ and PuttyManager do things.

Just my $0.02 worth
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz