DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 86 of 158 First ... 3676848586878896136 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    You might have a problem with your install. On my system, it remembers the window size and position, and reopens it at the same place.
    Yes, it remembers for the ones you already opened. Every time i open a new map i have to slowly resize it to the desired position.
    It does not remember "Map positions", it remembers "This one image" position.

if i could set "Every map goes there and at this size" it would not be a problem, but it does not.

I just grab the bottom right corner and drag the corner to make it the right size, then grab the title bar to relocate it. It takes no more than a few seconds... And if the bottom right corner is off the screen for some reason, I hold Ctrl and drag up and to the left until the corner shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    I just grab the bottom right corner and drag the corner to make it the right size, then grab the title bar to relocate it. It takes no more than a few seconds... And if the bottom right corner is off the screen for some reason, I hold Ctrl and drag up and to the left until the corner shows up.
    Yes, it just takes a few seconds. Too many few seconds. Specially if you have more screens opened and two monitors with different sizes.

Just drag it to the right/top side of the screen and it should auto-size it. It would take 2 seconds tops. Less time sizing screens, more time playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrique Oliveira Machado View Post
    Yes, it just takes a few seconds. Too many few seconds. Specially if you have more screens opened and two monitors with different sizes.

Just drag it to the right/top side of the screen and it should auto-size it. It would take 2 seconds tops. Less time sizing screens, more time playing.
    What if I want my maps on the left? Or the middle? Or 1/3 of the way up on my second monitor but only on a Tuesday?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As usual, this is all personal preference. Sometimes Windows 10 auto docking/maximizing/etc. annoys the hell out of me. So I wouldn't want it in FG, as that would annoy the hell out of me too. As I say, all personal preference.

@Henrique Oliveira Machado - At present I think you're the only one asking for something like this. I recommend you add it to the FG wishlist, and post the link here, so that people can vote on it. Maybe if lots of people want it (or something similar) the FG devs will consider something like this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    What if I want my maps on the left? Or the middle? Or 1/3 of the way up on my second monitor but only on a Tuesday?
    Well you could do it manually just like we do it today, by spending "just a few seconds". Windows does not prevent you from sizing your screens manually, nor should FG
    Last edited by Henrique Oliveira Machado; April 17th, 2018 at 21:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As usual, this is all personal preference. Sometimes Windows 10 auto docking/maximizing/etc. annoys the hell out of me. So I wouldn't want it in FG, as that would annoy the hell out of me too. As I say, all personal preference.

@Henrique Oliveira Machado - At present I think you're the only one asking for something like this. I recommend you add it to the FG wishlist, and post the link here, so that people can vote on it. Maybe if lots of people want it (or something similar) the FG devs will consider something like this.
    Well, actually it is not my idea, it is @Gandhi39 idea.

It is not something i really think it is necessary for FG to have nor that they should turn their attention fully in this subject, but it is one that would speed up my prep a LOT for quick setting a functional screen.

I really do think, however, that FG should turn their attention a lot to screen management.
    Last edited by Henrique Oliveira Machado; April 17th, 2018 at 21:15.

Blog Entries
    Hi Henrique my advice on Window Management is a little different.
    I sugest you close almost every window once you click off it.
    Combat Tracker, Chat, Map, Current Story are always open.
    Everything else - I close it once Im opening something else.
    It takes way less clicks to open again from the source, or from a pin or from a hot key than it does to cycle through 23 windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    At present I think you're the only one asking for something like this.
    Maybe something *specifically* like this... but window management in FG (or the lack therein) is a very common criticism. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever played a session where someone didn't complain about it at some point. So whether the answer is tabs, smart-snapping, better default options/behaviour, or some other magic... there is certainly a lot of room for FGU to improve over FG in this arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Bleed View Post
    Maybe something *specifically* like this... but window management in FG (or the lack therein) is a very common criticism. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever played a session where someone didn't complain about it at some point. So whether the answer is tabs, smart-snapping, better default options/behaviour, or some other magic... there is certainly a lot of room for FGU to improve over FG in this arena.
    Yep. we are 3 now in two pages. Even one of the veterans said (paraphrasing) "we already have too many people complaining about lots of screens and lack of space" to me once when i asked about possibility of a extention about a little popup for quick approving movement, so i am sure it is a frequent topic in here. I am here for 2-3 weeks and lack of screen management is the one thing i actually did not like in FG.

yeah, you can adapt/get used to it, just like you do with everything in your life, but still it is bad.

it doesn\t need to be what we suggested, but something should definitely be done about the lack of screen management.
    yeah, you can keep closing the screens and opening them again, sure. Using pins too, they are great.

but the screen is the only place where you do everything and is using 100% of the time. It is the least and at the same time the most important place in the VTT.
    if it was good it would not have tutorials in the internet about how to actually make it tolerable by organizing things in certain positions.
    SW should definitely think about some standard here on what works best and just allow players to manually adjust themselves if they want something different than what works best for most people.

I realized some veterans try to fight for FG name with everything they get and sometimes they do not see improvements that can be made because they love the software as it is, and i agree, it is great, but it has some flaws like everything else. Other veterans realize it and try to help you the best they can about how they use the software from experience.

Thread Information