Starfinder Playlist
Page 83 of 158 First ... 3373818283848593133 ... Last
    Are you considering multi-language (FGU app and rulesets)? Language is a barrier to some non English-speaking people from all over the world.

We are looking at making the engine support UTF-8 characters and working fully with TTF fonts to support UTF-8 characters, so that non-English languages work when used within the application.

However, we do not currently have plans for localizing any of the DLC, which is a massive undertaking.

Regards,
    JPG

What is this, a FGU wish list?

If so, please put me down for ... more than one combat tracker. My party always splits up, and I'm perpetually going from one group to the next 15 minutes of combat here, 15 minutes of combat there ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    What is this, a FGU wish list?

If so, please put me down for ... more than one combat tracker. My party always splits up, and I'm perpetually going from one group to the next 15 minutes of combat here, 15 minutes of combat there ...
    That should only happen once... let's be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    That should only happen once... let's be honest.
    Yeah, I wish! But, there are reasons why multiple CTs can't be a thing, if i recall from some other thread, right?

Could something be done to make it more feasible?

Unicode... yay!
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Unicode... yay!
    Isn't that something that can only be written by virgin programmers?
    I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, and I'm not going!

(But I'll happily be GM...)

Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    Yeah, I wish! But, there are reasons why multiple CTs can't be a thing, if i recall from some other thread, right?

Could something be done to make it more feasible?
    The best way would probably be for the CT to be map dependent. So if a party split you would move them to a separate map. Some players have a real penchant for doing this. However, last thing I'd want would be multiple CT windows to manage. I'd want FGU to be smart enough to be displaying the tracker of the map that had "focus" so you could click between CT's and maps simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Bleed View Post
    The best way would probably be for the CT to be map dependent. So if a party split you would move them to a separate map. Some players have a real penchant for doing this. However, last thing I'd want would be multiple CT windows to manage. I'd want FGU to be smart enough to be displaying the tracker of the map that had "focus" so you could click between CT's and maps simultaneously.
    This is already how people think it works when they first use FG. They move tokens to the map, then to the CT.... because that is the intuitive way to play an RPG, you use the things on the map to do stuff with. FG is unintuitive and backwards having it need to be in a singular combat tracker, then moving form there o the map, means you can't prep a map fully in advance.

If it was Map first, CT after, then not only could you prep a full map long in advance and when you load the map all the NPC tokens, encounters, and monsters load into the CT automatically, but when you load a new map you also load a new CT.

This means each map has its own set of data, which would allow for split parties.

not to mention being able to just load a map and all things in the "CT" ready and hidden from players until they are seen with "dynamic lighting", would make coding adventures better and easier, and prepping a new encounter faster as you play.

Sadly the CT doesnt see the map at all so can't get any information form it to make it the more intuitive way of Map -> CT.

Then how do you save a campaign with a split party? well that would jsut save the map and tokens and character/NPC states, and the CT info is stored with the map for each map... so when you load a map again, it restores the last data within the map to the CT for that map.

Might be best to only allow the program to load one CT at a time, though each map has its own data. so you might have 2 maps open, but only one CT window will ever be open, for the "active" map, and the CT will show on the title bar or something which map it is currently tracking.

....ideas.

You can absolutely prepare encounters on the map before the game.
    "I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library."

Ultimate License Owner

Thread Information