FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 52 of 158 First ... 242505152535462102152 ... Last
    What i like of fg is:
    Works offline
    Once bought is yours
    Storage depends more on your hd than a fee

I could stand a one time fee 4 the upgrade... not a subscription... i'm not even playing online but using it as an offline tool. What i'd like and where i would probably spend money is tiles and objects packs for making my own maps like dundjinni but game integrated!

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    If you refer to the video where they lay down a river using tiles yes

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Unless they are a rock golem, then you can take them for granite...
    Let me guess - you're a father, ain't you - cause that's one of the worst "Dad Jokes" I've ever read!

I mean, it must have been made from paper - because it was "tearable"!
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

I think it is in everyone's best interest that Smiteworks makes a return on the work it has done porting Fantasy Ground to the Unity engine. It is also in everyone's interest that they keep supporting the game with the level of dedication we have grown to appreciate. Frankly, I cannot wait for this to happen.

That they would considering some form of discount for the people that have recently bought the license is rather nice. It is not something they are obliged to do. For instance, I do not remember trading in my physical copy of D&D 3.0 for a discount for 3.5 when the latter was published 3 years latter. In my case, it was even worse: I bought 3.0 3 months 3.5 came out...

*facepalm*
    Last edited by Tabulazero; October 17th, 2017 at 09:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabulazero View Post
    For instance, I do not remember trading in my physical copy of D&D 3.0 for a discount for 3.5 when the latter was published 3 years latter. In my case, it was even worse: I bought 3.0 3 months 3.5 came out...

*facepalm*
    Actually, WotC offered trade in discounts on 3.0 PHBs when 3.5 came out

I am just looking forward to Unity!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Loyalty is earned each and every day for a business. We can certainly build up trust or erode it with our choices and actions.
    I like the word trust much better. SW has gained my trust in various ways. First, the owners and staff are constantly trying to make a superior product better. That passion is on display for all to see. It goes along way. Secondly, the character of the owners and staff is amazing. I have reached out for help to you specifically in the past. It seemed you took a genuine interest in the problem and provided resolution quickly. In person, it was on display even more. It was GenCon 2015. You stood and talked to me about the product for, what seemed like, an hour or more. I was going on about what I like about my experience, what I would like to see, etc. You even allowed me to talk to others about the product as they approached. People might say this is what an owner and employee should do in this type of market. The owner should be passionate about their product. The company should handle all customers as if they are interested in making sure they are satisfied. Conventions are for interacting with existing and potential customers. Word of mouth from an actual satisfied client is golden in selling to a new client. No owner or employee should shut that down. You would be right. But, these traits aren't always seen in other companies.

On a more personal note completely unrelated to the product or services of SW, Doug showed more character away from the booth during that same Con than anything mentioned above. On the last day of the Con, he had taken a break to get some food near the front of the convention center. He noticed a young teenager struggling to move one of the chairs over to a table where his family was sitting. He stopped what he was doing and helped him carry the chair to the table while the boy carried his food. That boy was my son, who has a mild case of CP. That will always stick out in my mind when I think about the people that are making this product. I think I have mentioned this on these Forums before, but ... it is worth noting again.

Hopefully we make the right ones and it validates your investment and encourages you to continuing investing with us.
    I trust you will. I haven't seen anything that would make me think otherwise.

We certainly try not to take any of our customers for granted.
    I have never felt like I was taken for granted. The time you and the others put into addressing questions, comments, criticisms, and anger on this thread alone is evidence of that.
    Last edited by poppy_thompson; October 18th, 2017 at 13:10. Reason: Spelling
    Ultimate License Holder
    Time Zone: U.S. Eastern (GMT -5 or -4; Check Local Listings)
    DM: D&D 5E - Out of the Abyss
    Player: Homebrew Worlds on FG and Waterdeep Dragon Heist Live

I'm so torn about this issue. I know no decisions have been made and no pricing announced, and that's fine. On the one hand part of me says "hey, I paid a one-time license for a game and a deal is a deal, I should get the upgrade free." But another part of me is more realistic - I like FG a lot, and SW is certainly entitled to make a profit. This kind of upgrades costs a lot. Employees need to be paid, other expenses, etc. It is a business after all, and if it fails we all lose. They need SOME income stream, and I am doubtful that DLC, the occasional subscription, and sales to new customers will be enough in the long run. Even though people (including me) hate the subscription model, it makes most sense from a business perspective because it means a reliable cash flow. So although technically I bout a one-time license, and I hope they don't force a subscription model on everyone, I certainly would be willing to pay a one-time license fee for the new version, assuming it's reasonable. Me, personally (and I'm NOT speaking for anyone else here, so spare me the "I couldn't afford it!" responses, please) would value a license for a new, updated Unity-engine game at about $50-$60. That's what I pay for a lot of games I buy that I get FAR less entertainment value from. That's assuming that it includes a Linux version, which is very easy to do in Unity, and assuming that new, cool features would be rolled out for ALL rulesets, not just the super-popular ones - on a fairly regular basis. I *might* consider a subscription model if it were very reasonably priced, as in, a few bunks a month for players and maybe $10/month for Ultimate licenses. I mean, hell, I pay so much more than that just for basic cable, lunch at McDonald's, and subscriptions to other games I play far LESS. Don't trash me for the suggested amounts, I just made them up according to my personal situation and the cost versus other things we all buy. Your Mileage May Vary. When you divide it out on a dollar-per-hour-of-entertainment basis, you could pay for months of FG with what you pay to go to one movie or dinner out.

Blog Entries
    Hi dglinder the likely scenario is your one time license will still be valid post FGU but it will not receive any further updates. The product you paid for is yours. FGU will be a new product. That's kinda how Im seeing it.

Thread Information