DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    seems like thats something that might be possible now with an extension.
    True, Damned or Trenloe did something vaguely similar with light tokens moving in sync with the "parent" token so their is a way to programmaticaly move tokens. But given it never got released I suspect it was cumbersome and possible even unstable?

But, seems reasonable someone could do it if they really wanted it

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    'twas Trenloe

As someone looking fresh into FG: Does it even make sense to invest in FG Classic, now that Unity is right around the corner?

Sure. First, FG Classic will not go away right away. Second, while no prices have been announced, SmiteWorks has indicated that people who purchase a license now will have a low cost option to upgrade when FG Unity is released.

They have a long track record of taking good care of their customers.

Low cost, ok. But if I pay 130 EUR now and then another 50 to 80 EUR (or so) in 3 months that's still a lot for a beginning user. Unfortunately I missed the Kickstarter, so I will likely rather hold out and just take a look at the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    As someone looking fresh into FG: Does it even make sense to invest in FG Classic, now that Unity is right around the corner?
    Define "right around the corner". I can't see it being released to the general public before April 2020 at the earliest.

It's just entered Alpha testing, that was slightly later than they originally were aiming for, by a week or two. As I recall, they were aiming for Beta testing starting in December at the earliest. John has said it won't enter Beta until it's ready for Beta. Who knows how long the Beta testing period will last.

If you need something to play games on now, Fantasy Grounds Classic is a very good option, all of your content will carry over to Unity when it is released.

Low cost, ok. But if I pay 130 EUR now and then another 50 to 80 EUR (or so) in 3 months that's still a lot for a beginning user. Unfortunately I missed the Kickstarter, so I will likely rather hold out and just take a look at the demo.
    There's no way you'll have Unity in three months. Even Beta testers i.e. people who backed the kickstarter aren't going to have the Beta in three months.

Realistically, I'd be thinking about next June to July. Even that might be optimistic.

Also, the owners have said that they will not be reopening access to the Beta, they have enough people signed up for that.

Blog Entries
    I doubt it will be 50-80 EUR, but it's always possible. Consider a subscription, it's $10USD/month for the ultimate. Though note is does not get you a discount on FGU (though I believe you will have the option to get a FGU subscription instead).

I will say I'm more positive than Ampersandrew and think FGU will be publicly available much sooner than he does, BUT, both of us are just guessing/hoping/speculating.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for chiming in both of you. I will take a look at the demo and then decide what makes sense. Probably starting with the Lite version is a good compromise as I plan to use it for handling table play mostly (loading AP into it).

The "Lite" version no longer exists. There are "Demo", "Standard", and "Ultimate".

Thread Information