Starfinder Playlist
    I there any updates on Unity release as Bata or Alpha, for the people that signed up for Kickstarter?

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    I there any updates on Unity release as Bata or Alpha, for the people that signed up for Kickstarter?
    I'm sure more will be available soon - the Alpha release party is taking place later this week, and it wouldn't be good to announce stuff before they get to know about it first hand!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I’m not sure on the capabilities of unity but does anyone know if it would be possible to set patrols and have tokens move along them without user input? Kinda like you set walls but instead of a wall you set a “rail” that a token rides slowly to simulate movement.

@Davinci522

I'm having a problem understanding why you would want that to happen? How would that sort of movement coordinate with other character's (both PC and NPC) turns?

@Davinci522,

There is no automatic token movement. This is handled exactly as you would around the table, where the GM describes the situation and the players describe their actions. Any tactical layout is handled between the GM and the players on the map.

Regards,
    JPG

It’s not meant for combat. But before combat. You bring out a map that’s has guards patrolling, then it can feel like an actual stealth mission where they study the pathing and roll sneak to get around it.

Ir it can be used in image based puzzles.

Just something to help players feel like they outsmarted the box’s or dm with fancy moving elements instead of static ones.

I understand where you're coming from but it defeats the purpose of initiative in most RPGs and turn order. I just do it manually and you can hide tokens unless they come into a players line of sight and then you reveal them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Davinci522 View Post
    It’s not meant for combat. But before combat. You bring out a map that’s has guards patrolling, then it can feel like an actual stealth mission where they study the pathing and roll sneak to get around it.

Ir it can be used in image based puzzles.

Just something to help players feel like they outsmarted the box’s or dm with fancy moving elements instead of static ones.
    I could see the use for it, but I think you got your answer, no.

I don't think FGU will support animated GIFs, but that is one possibility (to make it outside of FG and then just display in FG). Another possibility would be for some time of Map Effect like has been demonstrated with weather and water in the FGU mapping demos. Obviously not something for initial release, but might be a map effect for the future (i.e. the ability to assign tokens/graphics/effects to a path. Might have some other interesting use cases as well.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I could see the use for it, but I think you got your answer, no.

I don't think FGU will support animated GIFs, but that is one possibility (to make it outside of FG and then just display in FG). Another possibility would be for some time of Map Effect like has been demonstrated with weather and water in the FGU mapping demos. Obviously not something for initial release, but might be a map effect for the future (i.e. the ability to assign tokens/graphics/effects to a path. Might have some other interesting use cases as well.
    Yeah I didn’t think this would be done with animated gifs. I just didn’t know if there was the possibility, through unity, to designate a token and shift it’s position with commands. Just thought it might be a cool effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Davinci522 View Post
    Yeah I didn’t think this would be done with animated gifs. I just didn’t know if there was the possibility, through unity, to designate a token and shift it’s position with commands. Just thought it might be a cool effect.
    seems like thats something that might be possible now with an extension.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information