DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by merkvah View Post
    I pay $60. Someone who bought it last year pays $30.

Not sure what math there is to argue with unless you somehow think $60 < $30.
    What he means: On the kickstarter (in the pledges) it is mentioned that the unity ultimate license will probably cost 149$ normally So everyone with a classic license will get a very good discount Rookies only have a bigger discount but veterans have nevertheless a discount (the reason for that is in in the FAQ of the kickstarter and the others here already mentioned it)

I think the point is those who are being asked to pay $60 have owned FGC for longer, therefore have received more potential value.

For example, if someone bought FGC for $100 ten years ago (I don't know the prices then -- I'm just providing an example), then you could suggest they've spread that cost over ten years, or $10/yr. Someone who bought it for $100 two years ago has only spread that cost over two years, or $50/yr.

Hence the reason for people who bought it recently to pay less for the upgrade vs. people who bought it some years ago.

As with anything, we all have to the choice to pay or not to pay. Smiteworks could charge $1,000,000 -- it's up to the buying public to decide if that's the right price or not. Given the success of the Kickstarter, I'd say they priced it appropriately for the majority of people who were interested in buying.

My two cents...

Blog Entries
    Everyone buying on the Kickstarter is getting a discount.

Existing license holders get a BIG discount.
    And to help those newer buyers not feel buyers remorse they are getting a HUGE discount.

My math might be off below

2004 to 2019 = 15 years

Ultimate License $150 / 15 years = $10 per year

Or $0.83 per month. Or $0.03 per day

2018 to mid 2019 = 1.5 years

Ultimate License $150 / 1.5 years = $100 per year

Or $8.33 per month. Or $0.27 per day

There is a pretty good entertainment value over 15 years. The $60 Kickstarter seems like a great bargain. Especially considering there has not been an upgrade fee since 2004 to my knowledge.

$60 / 15 years = $4.00 per year and it's all backward compatible. Awesome!

Blog Entries

So vote with your wallet and save the $60 now. Then pay $149 down the line.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Screwed? What do you mean, you get an upgrade at Half price ( or less ). Now if you had purchased FG recently and paid full price and then had to pay it again you would be screwed. ( which is why the pricing structure is as it is, obviously )

I am paying full price at $139 as I am a subscriber for a licence, and I am certainly not getting screwed.

It amazes me how people do not comprehend the pricing structure, makes perfect sense to me.

I have a couple of questions and did some quick searching but couldn't find any results...

It looks like there is going to be an essentials pack for DnD 2.0 and 5, but no 3.5 (non SRD20 content)?

Is there going to be a demo version released at the same time as the full version?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickarius View Post
    I have a couple of questions and did some quick searching but couldn't find any results...

It looks like there is going to be an essentials pack for DnD 2.0 and 5, but no 3.5 (non SRD20 content)?

Is there going to be a demo version released at the same time as the full version?
    SmiteWorks has a license for D&D 2E (newly acquired) and 5E (has had since ~Feb 2015), but not one for 3.5E. But, FG has a 3.5E ruleset and the SRD is available for it, and SW does have a license for Pathfinder, which many people consider mostly compatible with 3.5.

Demo version of FGU? SW has stated that the licensing will be the same as it is now, so yes, their will be a free demo version available of FGU.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If 3.5 is out this will be the end of everything.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Sounds good, thanks b!

Thread Information