DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    I think important is the network issue, with running a VPN for some SW not being the ideal solution. More and more players have diffficulties playing FG, because providers switch to IPV6. It would good to know ‚if we can wait a bit longer with this issue‘, or shall proceed differently.
    Something like, it‘s years away to come, it might be available this year, lr we can see the end of the horizon, and if you are willing to play/support a buggy alpha release, you could do so in perhaps a quarter.
    Personally, I‘m lucky to run on IPV4, but more and more will have an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    So the LOS is the only incentive and if there is no dynamic line of sight people are not eager to play? Are you sure you play roleplaying game?
    Wow holy smokes I just made a statement based on what players in my circle of influence have stated to me. I get asked if I even play Role Playing Games as a response? I already have a FG ultimate license and have several steady players. I mostly use FG for a home game face to face across the table. Recently I have been gearing up to go fully online. I personally am not "worried" about not having the LOS feature but others that are hooked on roll 20 are. I cannot speak to their reasons, that is their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by hedrondesign View Post
    Wow holy smokes I just made a statement based on what players in my circle of influence have stated to me. I get asked if I even play Role Playing Games as a response? I already have a FG ultimate license and have several steady players. I mostly use FG for a home game face to face across the table. Recently I have been gearing up to go fully online. I personally am not "worried" about not having the LOS feature but others that are hooked on roll 20 are. I cannot speak to their reasons, that is their choice.
    Good Day hedrondesign

I may be mistaken but I read what Valyar wrote as sarcasm and not directed at you but the players you were saying were wanting the LOS or a no go

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkon View Post
    Good Day hedrondesign

I may be mistaken but I read what Valyar wrote as sarcasm and not directed at you but the players you were saying were wanting the LOS or a no go
    Bah, So hard to determine tone or intent with just text. You're probably correct.

We successfully circumvented the IPV6 issue of FG ‚classic‘, not using a VPN: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post430140

Quote Originally Posted by hedrondesign View Post
    Bah, So hard to determine tone or intent with just text. You're probably correct.
    I think it's pretty obvious that the response was pretty much saying, "You don't play RPGs the way *I* play RPGs? What's wrong with you and your players?"

Since there is no dynamic LoS in face-to-face table top gaming there will always be those who view the feature as fluff. But having it in VTT game is a plus in many people's books--adding a level of immersion that a f2f games lack in comparison ("Hey, pretend you can't see this bad guy, ok?") As far as I'm concerned, the less meta my players have to engage in the better the game. Further, it *is* one of the most glaring omissions from FG right now when compared to its competition.

But, you're in the right thread to voice your support and enthusiasm for the feature and everything we've seen indicates that FGU will launch with this functionality.

It's just a matter of time.

Hi all,

Being the curious cat that I am I'm currently trying out Foundry and also Arkenforge. Both of them currently have LoS and dynamic lighting etc. But, that's it. Everything else needs a lot of work by the DM. I can't even come close to compare all that Fantasy Grounds has to both the other two softwares. I am honest in saying that I for one can't wait for FGU and I can just imagine all the good stuff that's goung to come with! Foundry is cool but it has a massively long way to go before it gets close to FG and Arkenforge is a great mapping tool for adding effects to a map. Me personally, just want to see my players faces when I pull up FGU on the projected tabletop and see them go nuts.

I say to all to hang in there! I'm sure FG team won't disappoint
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Arkenforge looks more like to support F2F play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Arkenforge looks more like to support F2F play.
    Yes.. purposely designed for that. I use it to modify maps and add lighting effects when I'm feeling lazy instead of using CC3+. If I where to go back to minis I'd might use it but FG does so much for me to simplify DM work and time that I'm going to have trouble going back to DMing without it...and I DM F2F
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Apologies if this has been discussed recently, but I've been out of the loop ....

Is there a rough ETA/roadmap for release of FGU?

Thread Information