Starfinder Playlist
    So... the Kickstarter is now fully funded x10+.

I'm not concerned about beta access... any idea on pricing when Unity goes live? Any idea if it will be more or less than the Kickstarter upgrade prices? I've been using Fantasy Grounds since 2004, which means I'm in the category that gets screwed the hardest on pricing... not sure I understand why, but...

whatever. Still looking forward to Unity.
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

From my understanding, after the Kickstarter closes, and FG Unity is released, the pricing will be about the same as the current pricing for FG Classic is now.
    If you can afford it, buy the FG Unity license during the Kickstarter for a discount.

- Robert

Quote Originally Posted by merkvah View Post

I'm not concerned about beta access... any idea on pricing when Unity goes live? Any idea if it will be more or less than the Kickstarter upgrade prices? I've been using Fantasy Grounds since 2004, which means I'm in the category that gets screwed the hardest on pricing... not sure I understand why, but...

How are you getting screwed? You've have the software since 2004. A $60 upgrade is nothing.

I've been using Fantasy Grounds since 2004, which means I'm in the category that gets screwed the hardest on pricing... not sure I understand why, but...

You pay more because you've gotten your money's worth from the current platform, while newer customers likely JUST paid for their's and have hardly delved into the program. Since they will likely use the newer program more, why not give them the discount they deserve.

Also, rejoice! The new program will come out soon, so we will all get to enjoy it for a MORE than fair price. Giving those of us that have had it for years a more than 50% reduction in price is INSANE! Thank you, SmiteWorks! You folks rock!

Mate, pay full price if you think nearly half is "screwed hardest". I won't argue with your math.

Wow - now I know why so many software companies are moving to subscription only pricing. I don't remember Microsoft giving me a discount for having Office 2003 when I upgraded to Office 2016.

/shrug.

The Kickstarter website states that post kickstarter the FGU prices will be
    Standard - $39
    Ultimate - $149

I've attached images of the statements to this post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Blog Entries
    Let's not get back into the debate on pricing and discount tiers. We've gone round and round on that for dozens and dozens of posts and it is now addressed in the KS FAQ.

Ramza, nice catch on the pricing update on teh KS. Good to know for sure what the post KS prices will be.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Mate, pay full price if you think nearly half is "screwed hardest". I won't argue with your math.
    I pay $60. Someone who bought it last year pays $30.

Not sure what math there is to argue with unless you somehow think $60 < $30.
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Blog Entries
    I pay $60. Someone who bought it last year pays $30.

Not sure what math there is to argue with unless you somehow think $60 < $30.
    If you don’t agree with the explanation that that assumes that the newest buyers have not had a chance to use it long and veterans have more fully enjoyed their license, then there is no argument on your math.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Thread Information