5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 158 First 123451353103 ... Last

What do you mean by 'drawing capabilities'?
    Everyone I know who has tried Fantasy Grounds has really enjoyed it. Also, if you want to get them hooked, you can just subscribe to the ultimate subscription for one month and they can try it for free.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    I'm waiting for the Unity update with fingers crossed that it will come with significantly better drawing capabilities before trying to convince some more friends to commit to the purchase so we can actually play more frequently than once every four months when we meet up face to face.

Can I expect to wait well into 2016?
    If the Devs had a date an d wanted to share it they would.
    It will be here when its here...

There will always be a new version around the corner, like phones, like computers, like cars etc. All the time that you are waiting you are missing out on the goodness that is FG today.
    Drawing is pretty crappy in FG. I dont think the Devs have any intention to turn FG into a mapping or drawing tool - but I do hope that there will be some improvements to drawing - different colours, different line thicknesses... but if you want a lot more than that there are so many good graphics/mapping apps available already.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    I'm waiting for the Unity update with fingers crossed that it will come with significantly better drawing capabilities before trying to convince some more friends to commit to the purchase so we can actually play more frequently than once every four months when we meet up face to face.

Can I expect to wait well into 2016?
    I'm right there with you Surge. I think i'm still going to commit to buying into the tool sets simply because it's such a time saver to have them but i'm very much looking forward to the new engine and what they can do to allow for mapping tools... i'm hoping to be able to drop geomophs onto the mapgrid and create dungeons in game instead of loading a flat map file.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezegr8r View Post
    i'm hoping to be able to drop geomophs onto the mapgrid and create dungeons in game instead of loading a flat map file.
    Have you had a look at the layers extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-on-CoreRPG%29

This allows dropping dungeon geomorphs as tokens on lower levels - see the video link in the first thread.

There are some limitations, so make sure you read and digest the gotchas listed in the first two posts.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Have you had a look at the layers extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-on-CoreRPG%29

This allows dropping dungeon geomorphs as tokens on lower levels - see the video link in the first thread.

There are some limitations, so make sure you read and digest the gotchas listed in the first two posts.
    hmm. i read the posts, downloaded the extension, copied it to my extensions folder. I don't see any other instructions to make it work... when I load a map I don't get the extension controls at the top fo the map. i checked and i'm running FG 3.0.13. any suggestions?

UPDATE: ok i see the extensions window when i click the create campaign button and it shows 5e but nothing about the extenstions im trying to load.
    Last edited by Cheezegr8r; May 30th, 2015 at 04:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezegr8r View Post
    hmm. i read the posts, downloaded the extension, copied it to my extensions folder. I don't see any other instructions to make it work...
    On the "Load Campaign" screen enable the Enhanced Images extension before starting the campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    On the "Load Campaign" screen enable the Enhanced Images extension before starting the campaign.
    i'm not seeing any controls for the extensions on the load campaign screen.

Attachment 10080

Do you see any extensions in any other rulesets?
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Not wanting to hijack but here is an example of another VTT done in Unity.

https://www.3dvirtualtabletop.com/index.html

Its not a real competitor to FG but you can get an idea of how the graphics engine can be used for a RPG.

Then again would be good to get these guys working with Smiteworks...

Blog Entries
    i think SW and ToFL had discussions earlier but werent quite on the same page...

Thread Information