5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... Last

Thread: PAR5E Tutorial

5E @ FG (& PAR5E) YouTube Tutorials

Xorne's 5E @ FG YouTube Playlist

Current Videos in Playlist:

Player Quickstart - Getting started as a player new to Fantasy Grounds with joining a game, building your character sheet, using the player tools, and some effects examples.
    Behind the DM Screen - Guide for new FG DMs on hosting a game, creating and manipulating campaign data, and in-depth review of the Combat Tracker, Map Tools, and Party Sheet.
    Adventure Building - Guide for new DMs on how to create Adventure Modules by exporting an existing campaign, and best-practices.

PAR5E Tutorial - Video tutorial showing how to parse the various Library Module sections you can create using the PAR5E utility.
    PAR5E: Adventure Modules - Video tutorial showing the few extra steps to making Adventure Modules with the PAR5E utility.

EDIT - Updated list to reflect my 5E @ FG YouTube Playlist
    Last edited by Xorn; November 23rd, 2014 at 18:22.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Blog Entries
    I love it - you open with - "this is going to be my brief as possible..."
    Nice job.
    Man it would be great for everyone if the Wizards would allow Fantasy Grounds to sell/distribute their content!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Xorn. Excellent video. You made me chuckle some at a few points

All - If you can't bring yourself to read the PAR5E documentation, make sure to at the very least checkout this awesome tutorial video from Xorn. It covers pretty much everything you will need to get going with PAR5E.

And to spare you the misery of manual line break removal Xorn (and all), here's an alternative regular expression one-liner for Find/Replace (just make sure Regular Expressions is checked):

Code:
    Find: ([^\.])((\r\n|\r|\n)\s*)
    Replace: $1 followed by a space character
    Hit Replace All and you should have nicely formatted reference text paragraphs. This might merge the title lines in with the first line of the following paragraph, but thats quicker to fix given you have to add markup to these lines anyway.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

I've just finished re-recording it all, I broke it up into 11 sections this time so I can edit a little easier, and I'm adding callouts and transitions. It will also be 720p and use zoom-n-pan as needed. I'm excited; this one should be much more polished.
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM

Xorn: Wow, this is really great. Thank you so much! One thing - I noticed that you had a module entitled Player's Handbook and one for the Dragon Queen adventure. Where did you get this source material? I'm assuming its not the whole PHB but just the basic rules posted on WotC's website?
    Last edited by Alzarian Crimson; August 27th, 2014 at 22:37.

Both are the whole thing. I own both books and I've read them cover to cover, as well as parsed them cover to cover. I used NAPS2 to scan them at 300 dpi, then PDFXChange has a built in OCR that works pretty decently. End result: Parsed books.

I've got Lost Mine of Phandelver parsed, too.
    Ultimate License DM

Updated the video.

Hmmm. Can a moderator change the name of the thread to remove the (Rough Cut) part?
    Last edited by Xorn; August 28th, 2014 at 02:26.
    Ultimate License DM

Just noticed I rendered the revised tutorial without including the skills.txt parse. Re-rendering it now.
    Ultimate License DM

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Can a moderator change the name of the thread to remove the (Rough Cut) part?
    Done.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Thanks Xorn. Excellent video. You made me chuckle some at a few points

All - If you can't bring yourself to read the PAR5E documentation, make sure to at the very least checkout this awesome tutorial video from Xorn. It covers pretty much everything you will need to get going with PAR5E.

And to spare you the misery of manual line break removal Xorn (and all), here's an alternative regular expression one-liner for Find/Replace (just make sure Regular Expressions is checked):

Code:
    Find: ([^\.])((\r\n|\r|\n)\s*)
    Replace: $1 followed by a space character
    Hit Replace All and you should have nicely formatted reference text paragraphs. This might merge the title lines in with the first line of the following paragraph, but thats quicker to fix given you have to add markup to these lines anyway.
    I tried this... pretty slick all in all. I tried it on the Acolyte background, and it did... pretty good. I still had to add enough line breaks back in that it wasn't any faster than using my AHK macros, but still, very nice.

To understand that, is it looking for line breaks that aren't preceded by a period and removing them? I initially was using find " \r\n" and replacing with " ", which was getting similar results to what you posted (but not quite as good).

Then I got AHK set up to where I just need to highlight from the first line to the last night (not necessarily at the first or last character) and push Numpad0. I'm so fast at it now, plus I can toggle between 10 different macros on the fly.
    Last edited by Xorn; August 28th, 2014 at 06:36.
    Ultimate License DM

Thread Information