DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    If you are just trying to calculate revenue, you can look at the last annual report we posted to the smiteworks.com website. I haven't updated it in recent years.

That was indeed my aim. Thanks for the hint! A bit disturbing that it isn't up-to-date, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy_Wind View Post
    A bit disturbing that it isn't up-to-date, though...
    I'd rather they spend their time working on the code, myself...

Blog Entries
    I originally shared this sort of information with a goal to maintain transparency and community. Unfortunately, while this did occur, there were others who merely used this information to justify creating their own competitive systems. A look at potential revenue without also looking at the effort involved to reach that point and maintain/continue to build upon it can lead people to believe that delivering a quality, and highly supported VTT is an easy way to work in a field you love and make money at it. The number of failed and partial solutions which have sprung up over the years can attest to that.

VenomousFiligree
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Hey guys, we have an option during checkout to donate $1 as part of your order. Unfortunately, we don't have a direct way to contribute outside of our order process. You can, however, click the link from our Store confirmation page to visit https://www.savethechildren.org/ and contribute directly -- or go there without going through the store at all.
    I didn't think that the previous project was worth donating to, however the new one I do. So I will be sure to donate when you get all the 5e modules up for sale!

Blog Entries
    Fair enough. That's the beauty of optional donations.

I would have probably chosen this one over the other project, but since I didn't change it on our website, I needed to honor the donation that people chose to support at the time. For me, it's too political of an issue here in the U.S. and ends up spurring arguments that are not too unlike edition wars for RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I originally shared this sort of information with a goal to maintain transparency and community. Unfortunately, while this did occur, there were others who merely used this information to justify creating their own competitive systems. A look at potential revenue without also looking at the effort involved to reach that point and maintain/continue to build upon it can lead people to believe that delivering a quality, and highly supported VTT is an easy way to work in a field you love and make money at it. The number of failed and partial solutions which have sprung up over the years can attest to that.
    And you publicly announced this as the reason you stopped dropping the Annual Report, right? Of course, who would even care...

Thread Information