DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to create library rules module?

Hello,
    I want to create my custom bestiary module and I want it to be accessed from Library (like Fantasy Companion, or SW Deluxe rules etc.). How do I do that? I found quite some tutorials but every of them creates adventure module, not library content. Can you point me in correct direction?

All the best,
    Radek.

There's a step-by-step description of creating a new library module available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ule-3-5e-PFRPG

It is written for the 3.5E/PFRPG ruleset, and for creating a spells module, but I believe the basic principles should be the same. Essentially, you should make a copy of an existing module of the type you want, then edit it to add your custom content, and make sure that FG sees the two modules as different (but with the lists combined, if that's what you want).

Quote Originally Posted by radekg View Post
    Hello,
    I want to create my custom bestiary module and I want it to be accessed from Library (like Fantasy Companion, or SW Deluxe rules etc.). How do I do that? I found quite some tutorials but every of them creates adventure module, not library content. Can you point me in correct direction?

All the best,
    Radek.
    The easy way is to use SW NPC Maker extension benefits?

• You can create NPCs/bestiary using FG interface, ie. no need to write raw XML
    • You can copy-paste text bestiary stat blocks and convert them into FG NPC!
    • When you are ready you can export bestiary into module by using following slashcommand: /makenpc-module this will create you library compatible XML which you can later customize as you see fit

See this post for more info. Personally I have build my Realms of Cthulhu bestiary module in 10 minutes using this tool (of course first it took much more time to implement the tool)
    Last edited by Ikael; August 22nd, 2014 at 11:36.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    @Ikael - can you use this tool to make modules for other rulesets?
    Exporting personalities to modules might be compatible, but I have not tested it yet. When SW is accepted into cool CoreRPG gang I can make the tool more generic other CoreRPG based rulesets
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    When SW is accepted into cool CoreRPG gang I can make the tool more generic other CoreRPG based rulesets
    Man you know we want you!
    How is the conversion progressing?
    I bet there is a tonne of work to do.

Man you know we want you!
    How is the conversion progressing?
    I bet there is a tonne of work to do.
    We have started to discuss to release it in test channel already

@Ikael - can you use this tool to make modules for other rulesets?
    The /makenpc-module is a nice touch to export just NPCs from a specific campaign and the copy/paste of NPC stats is great for SW.

Remember that you can use the module export utility available in most FG rulesets (only a handful of community rulesets don't support it) to export just NPC data into a module for later use. See the Module Export section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information