5E Character Create Playlist
    Blog Entries

Gauntlet on Steam

Is anyone going to be getting Gauntlet on Steam?

Resire

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

I was thinking about it. The new one looks good so far.

I am also thinking about it.

As am I.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Wouldn't touch it unless I was paid for it. Look. As much as I love what Arrowhead did with Magicka it was still bugridden as hell. And until they prove they can make a game that isn't so. I am sorry.
    Besides. I already have such a game. It is called Diablo III. I don't need more of the same. Especially since it looks like a controller based game. Again.. .sorry. I play on a PC.

Vires Animi

Again, as do I.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Probably not.

Apart from issues already mentioned, the trouble with this type of game is that you need not dumb and fun people to play it with, on the long run. Usually people play games for a week, a few weeks, then it's the nightmare to get 3 other people to play, stay the whole play, and so on.

I find Evolve more intriguing, but again same issue. I had (still do) this issue with Left 4 Dead. For a few months, apart from the horrible server/friends system, it was OK; one could set up a decent game in about 15 minutes. After a year, it took probably a day, if one had a large depositary of friends playing it. Nowadays it's a nightmare.

I'm much more interested in server game, things like Team Fortress (around 20, 25 players) where a community can grow around a server. You don't always play with people you know, and that's quite ok, even better than always playing with the same people, but the type, the kind of players you play with tend to be the same on the same server.

Or, it's match-up-pickup game. Also known as hell on earth; play with a 9 years old Russian with mummy issue, a white supremacist who broadcast heavy metal throughout the game, and a teenage cheater with no microphone nor sound who will dump you after 30 minutes because his dad said so.

I'm looking to get it. I feel that there are certain genres that controllers work well with. Overhead RPG happens to be one of those. I will always play FPS and RTS with keyboard and mouse, but Top View RPGs, Racing Games, Arcade style games, Third Person RPGs, and others always play better for me on a controller. I've never understood the mentality that all PC games should be played with keys and mouse only. There are USB controllers for a reason :P

As for Gauntlet, I'm looking forward to it, even if I DO play for only 1 week. A full week of a game I thoroughly enjoy, with the ability to come back and play again later, to me is worth the price.

I'm tempted. I can usually get 2 of my family members to join me. Finding the time to play would be the biggest issue for me.

Thread Information