DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I don't think this would have any impact, but if you are running FG through Steam, it is also recommended to turn off the Steam Overlay. You change that in the Library | Games | Fantasy Grounds (right-click and choose properties), and then uncheck the box for the Steam Overlay. Again, I don't think it would interfere... but just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by noelyuk View Post
    I'm pretty sure that you've misunderstood the way FG works when copying via mac osx. I attempted to copy paste the text manually from the pdf. If you try manually nothing will copy but copying via plain clip allowed me to copy any of the text I wanted to.
    Maybe when I think i'm activating plain clip, its not actually activating? When you click (or double click) it doesn't do anything so its hard to tell if its actually started. I'll link a pic a bottom, tell me which options you choose on your Plain Clip. Pretty Pls

Just to clarify when copying manually you need to highlight copy (cmd +c) the text you want from the pdf then move to FG and select a new story entry or whatever and then paste into there. But this time to paste rather than (cmd + v) you need to use (ctrl+v) to paste because it's operating in wine.
    Yes, I do it exactly like that. Remember I'm not using Steam, don't know if that matters

Anyway to save time I then ran the entire pdf all 26 pages through an app I have called "PDF to TEXT" and it converted the entire document in seconds. I've emailed it you as a text file. I'll leave you to do the formatting
    Thank you much I haven't even checked my email today. I'll look. I used Adobe Acrobat Pro (newest version) to do pdf to word and pdf to text. I still had issues. Since my game is in 24 hours I gotta get to it, I'll use the stuff you sent and worry bout this later.

Thanks for all the help thus far everyone!

I forgot to add the screen shot of plain clip. BUT,

Ive tried the methods you spoke of and nothing. I can copy and paste anywhere outside of FG, inside FG does not work. I used the text doc you sent, I made one just like it a day or so ago and I still can not copy from it and paste to FG or copy from it, use plain text, then paste to FG. Nothing is working.

My God I'm going to lose it. The other night when I was playing in a game I was trying to copy/paste from the d20pfsrd site to FG chat box. I randomly opened a d20 web page copied and pasted perfectly right into FG story area. I right click, chose copy then hit control +v to paste it in there and it worked perfect. So then I went back to the pdf and the text document and guess what....nothing...again.....

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    I don't think this would have any impact, but if you are running FG through Steam, it is also recommended to turn off the Steam Overlay. You change that in the Library | Games | Fantasy Grounds (right-click and choose properties), and then uncheck the box for the Steam Overlay. Again, I don't think it would interfere... but just to be safe.

I'm not running through steam, I'm actually gaining to delete steam off my computer to see if that changes anything.

Can you install a Windows PDF reader within Wine. The open the PDF with this Windows PDF within Wine and do copy/paste all within Wine. It may be that the issue is with the MAC to Wine clipboard interface. If you do all of the copy/paste process within Wine this will at least eliminate that from the equation and narrow down where the issue is if you still have problems.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Can you install a Windows PDF reader within Wine. The open the PDF with this Windows PDF within Wine and do copy/paste all within Wine. It may be that the issue is with the MAC to Wine clipboard interface. If you do all of the copy/paste process within Wine this will at least eliminate that from the equation and narrow down where the issue is if you still have problems.
    Ummm, I need to be upfront.....I'm clueless about how to use computers, your on another level right now

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    are you using any antivirus?
    Not that I know of.....

Talked with my Buddy Paul, we think its a keyboard issue. Its says my keyboard is set up for US-English. But I also read that on some keyboard versions there is an additional key between the "z" and "shift". But I still don't know why that would affect me anyway....

Who is ready to remote in to my PC? LOL

Trueshots - try a web-based PDF reader. Firefox should work for inline viewing.

Also - may help:
    https://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=8334

in X11.app preferences, make sure that you have pasteboard and clipboard syncing turned on.
    Inside a windows app in Wine, use CTRL+C and CTRL+V .. and back on the Mac side switch back to use CMD+C and CMD+V
    Last edited by HoloGnome; January 4th, 2015 at 02:08.

removed
    Last edited by darrenan; January 4th, 2015 at 06:11.

Thread Information