Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Unfortunately, plainclip won't do anything to fix that particular issue. It looks as if the source PDF you are using has had a very poor OCR done on it. Many PDFs are created directly in digital format, but some older items are actually scanned from printed copies and then an OCR step is run against them to identify each of the characters used. If the font is fancy or there is a mix of graphics and font overlaid, the OCR can result in being very poor like what you've seen above. Sometimes this can be corrected by re-running the PDF through another OCR process, but often times you won't be able to correct for that. What PDF is this from and where did you get it? It might be worth going through customer service and requesting to see if they have any better versions.
    I'm using a Paizo PDF. Ive tried multiple Paizo pdf, so copy better than others but NONE do it perfectly correct and if I know piazza like iI think I do they could give two craps if my copy and paste is working...

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    @Trueshots - are you using the original PDF for the Cyphermage Dilemma? i.e. have you purchased it from Paizo? You shouldn't have any problems copying the text from a Paizo PDF as it has the text available to copy.

@Trenloe, yes and yes. But Ive tried multiple different pdfs, its the same issue everywhere. Before this Mac I never had an issue with copy paste feature... no clue whats going on just highly frustrated.

Are you copying from a native Mac app to a native Mac app. That is, your source PDF reader is a native Mac app and the text editor you're pasting to is a native Mac app - you're not using Wine or another windows emulator for this copy/paste process?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

As an aside - you do know that the Cyphermage Dilemma is available as an FG module under the PFS FG module sharing agreement?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post165701
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Are you copying from a native Mac app to a native Mac app. That is, your source PDF reader is a native Mac app and the text editor you're pasting to is a native Mac app - you're not using Wine or another windows emulator for this copy/paste process?
    He's trying to paste into Fantasy Grounds, which is a Wine app. It might be worth testing the copy and paste into a native Mac app first just to see if it does the same thing. I highly suspect that it will.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    He's trying to paste into Fantasy Grounds, which is a Wine app. It might be worth testing the copy and paste into a native Mac app first just to see if it does the same thing. I highly suspect that it will.
    I think the issue is not just limited to FG - Trueshots mentions "Ive been trying for over a week to copy and paste from a PDF to a text dot (using word, text edit, etc)".

Hi Trueshots.

If you want to send me a page of the pdf you're trying to copy and paste from I'll happily have a look. I've had similar problems in the past but to date there's only one pdf that point blank refused to copy so far and I had to use OCR software to rescan it whereupon it worked. I'm not saying I have the magic solution but having had the same problem before I can empathise and will be happy to have a go for you.

Noely
    [email protected]

Current Warhammer 3rd Edition Campaigns:
    The Enemy Within (Revisited) - (Fridays 6pm PST = GMT -7)
    https://theorderofchaosgamers.com
    https://itunes.apple.com/hk/podcast/...s/id1067964927

Quote Originally Posted by noelyuk View Post
    Hi Trueshots.

If you want to send me a page of the pdf you're trying to copy and paste from I'll happily have a look. I've had similar problems in the past but to date there's only one pdf that point blank refused to copy so far and I had to use OCR software to rescan it whereupon it worked. I'm not saying I have the magic solution but having had the same problem before I can empathise and will be happy to have a go for you.

Noely
    [email protected]
    Hey there, Its been working all night for me, not Im at a part where I need to copy paste massive amounts od text. It worked the first time and now I can't do anything thing. Ive copied from pdf to FG, word to fg, text wrangler to fg, text editor to FG, pdf to plain clip to fg, NOTHING works. Im about to go nuts here, have a game on sunday and my typing skill will never get that info put in there LOL

Blog Entries
    So... are you running any AV products?
    You are reporting different issues at different times.

Can you copy from the PDF into another Mac app?
    Is it putting in lots of blanks?
    Can you copy from Text Editor into FG?
    Can you copy from FG into Text Editor?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Trueshots...or maybe it's good news I don't know. But the pdf copied for me first time with zero hassle whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure that you've misunderstood the way FG works when copying via mac osx. I attempted to copy paste the text manually from the pdf. If you try manually nothing will copy but copying via plain clip allowed me to copy any of the text I wanted to.

Just to clarify when copying manually you need to highlight copy (cmd +c) the text you want from the pdf then move to FG and select a new story entry or whatever and then paste into there. But this time to paste rather than (cmd + v) you need to use (ctrl+v) to paste because it's operating in wine.

Anyway to save time I then ran the entire pdf all 26 pages through an app I have called "PDF to TEXT" and it converted the entire document in seconds. I've emailed it you as a text file. I'll leave you to do the formatting

Good luck with running the adventure. Hope you manage to get it working.

Noely

Current Warhammer 3rd Edition Campaigns:
    The Enemy Within (Revisited) - (Fridays 6pm PST = GMT -7)
    https://theorderofchaosgamers.com
    https://itunes.apple.com/hk/podcast/...s/id1067964927

Thread Information