DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    krag, we will have to get back to you on that one. Since FG uses a specific xml format for most of its entries, we have to be very careful allowing *any* sort of input to be pasted in. In addition, while we may expand formatted text control fields to begin allowing for more html style tags, we often find that simple looking text from a web page can actually be quite bloated with links to external CSS documents, images, backgrounds, fonts, etc. Stripping things is definitely a better solution and then it becomes a matter of finding all the things we would need to strip out.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I am building modules on a Mac and need to be able to copy/paste.

Hi AAWGAMES,
    In post #18, Doug suggests a work around which works well in most situations. I have built a load of modules on my Mac, so it is possible. I hope it works for you.

I tried this but Plain Clip won't run on my MacBook Pro running OS X Yosemite 10.10.1
    It won't even open when double clicked. It just hangs and nothing happens...

Any other suggestions?

Just to clarify AAWGAMES. Plainclip is sort of a hidden interface so even double clicking on it's icon in the dock does nothing. However when I copy text from pdf I merely click the plain clip icon in the dock and then paste to where I want it and the pasted text appears. If I try the same without clicking plain clip the paste function is not recognised. Try this and see if it works for you. Failing that see if another programme formatmatch works for you. But for me it's Plainclip all the way.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/form...45211988?mt=12

And just out of interest what ruleset are you trying to build mods for?

Best of luck

Noely

Current Warhammer 3rd Edition Campaigns:
    The Enemy Within (Revisited) - (Fridays 6pm PST = GMT -7)
    https://theorderofchaosgamers.com
    https://itunes.apple.com/hk/podcast/...s/id1067964927

AAWGAMES, as noel yuk says, when you run plain clip it just appears to do nothing and I am running it on Yosemite 10.10.1 without problems.
    Also (I know you are probably doing this but still...) it's cmd-C in the PDF and ctrl-V in FG (It's running as a window app in Wine).
    What sort of thing are you trying to paste?

Quote Originally Posted by noelyuk View Post
    Hey Doug. You're a legend.
    Legend is an understatement at this point.....I've been trying for weeks......

I am again looking for help. Ive been trying for over a week to copy and paste from a PDF to a text dot (using word, text edit, etc) Ive tried multiple different pdf documents to see if thats the issue and its not Ive tried to use the Plain Clip app and its worthless. I have searched the internet for hours a day trying to fix this. I can't create a game without figuring this out. The chicken **** I get every time I paste no matter what, looks just like this picture. I actually found a way to remove every single space out, but that is just as big of a problem. I can't parse characters until i figure this out, please help.

EDIT: Im also speaking of getting the info from the PDF to something else. Not from a website to FG. I'm not having issues with that yet.....
    Last edited by Trueshots; January 1st, 2015 at 23:27.

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, plainclip won't do anything to fix that particular issue. It looks as if the source PDF you are using has had a very poor OCR done on it. Many PDFs are created directly in digital format, but some older items are actually scanned from printed copies and then an OCR step is run against them to identify each of the characters used. If the font is fancy or there is a mix of graphics and font overlaid, the OCR can result in being very poor like what you've seen above. Sometimes this can be corrected by re-running the PDF through another OCR process, but often times you won't be able to correct for that. What PDF is this from and where did you get it? It might be worth going through customer service and requesting to see if they have any better versions.

@Trueshots - are you using the original PDF for the Cyphermage Dilemma? i.e. have you purchased it from Paizo? You shouldn't have any problems copying the text from a Paizo PDF as it has the text available to copy.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information